Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by studio69 on 14 Aug 2012
  • Is it possible using excel to have database of horses to store info for my staking plan eg:

Horse 1 - £10
    Horse 2 - £15
    Horse 3 - £9

Could my trigger look up the selection in the excel sheet and read the amount?

I hope that makes sense.  I am pretty good with triggers but never used the excel side and am a little stuck

Cheers
  • #2 by MarkV on 15 Aug 2012
  • Hi
    I’m sure you could do this in Excel, but I’m not going to look at that. Instead I was wondering if using ‘is in file’ is possible:

File A contains list of selections for which your stake is 10
    File B contains list of selections for which your stake is 15
    File C contains list of selections for which your stake is 9
    etc.

set uservar Stake
    value 10
    condition: selection’s name is in File A

set uservar Stake
    value 15
    condition: selection’s name is in File B

set uservar Stake
    value 9
    condition: selection’s name is in File C
    etc.
  • #3 by studio69 on 15 Aug 2012
  • Thanks for the reply, I am sure that would work but I would rather have the excel version if anyone can help explain how to do it?

Cheers
  • #4 by MarkV on 16 Aug 2012
  • Hi
    I passed on your original question because I am not expert in Excel, but here is just an idea using Excel’s VLOOKUP function http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/vlookup.php
    and perhaps 2 MFP custom cells.

The principle would be something along these lines:
    identify your selection using MFP
    pass the selection’s name to custom cell 1
    use VLOOKUP to look up the selection in your database and return the amount to custom cell 2
    in your betting trigger amount field your expression would refer to custom cell 2
  • #5 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 16 Aug 2012
  • I would second MarkV regarding "is in file". Will work times faster than doing it via Excel.

But if you insist on Excel, then do it through "Importing selection data from a sheet". Read the corresponding chapter in the manual: Excel Interface - Importing selection data from a sheet. It contains detailed instructions with a trigger example. You would need to adjust it to your circumstances.
  • #6 by studio69 on 16 Aug 2012
  • The problem is each horse will have a different figure, I guess I can't do that with text files??
Pages:
Actions