Author Topic: Using datagolf Live Predictive Model  (Read 834 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Using datagolf Live Predictive Model
« on: 23 Mar 2021, 11:34 »
Hi there

I am intrigued if anyone would be able to help with a resource I use for golf betting - datagolf - they produce a live predictor model that updates as a tournament is progressing live with win, top 5, top 20 and make cut probability.

Is there anyone on here who may be able to help me with the scraping of this data and automation of backing players on Betfair trading higher than the model's prediction and then placing a lay at the models 'correct' price to create a liability free bet if/when Betfair trades at that price. Prob best to start with Win market to test before potentially expanding further.

Please let me know if anyone thinks they can help.

Many thanks

W

Re: Using datagolf Live Predictive Model
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2021, 19:11 »
Hi
I had a look at this and I think it can be done. The easy bit is the MarketFeeder side. Getting datagolf data is more difficult. They do say on their website they have an API for Plus members which may be the way to go. Their API can return .csv data as well as JSON.

Retrieving datagolf data I will leave to you, but some formatting will be needed to match Betfair selection names
DG have all caps SURNAME FIRST_NAME Betfair selection names are: First_name Surname

Please see attached screenshot demonstrating your initial requirement in the Winner market.
The text file is copied DG data (which includes other bookie prices and EVs)
Selection names have been reformatted to match Betfair
The tabulated price next to selection names is DGs price
Using MFP automated import of text file data, the selections are imported to MFP along with DG price
Simple trigger backs selections where Betfair back price is higher than DG price
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Using datagolf Live Predictive Model
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2021, 16:51 »
Mark this looks great. Ill have a look into the API they offer and see if we can do anything more. thx

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE