Author Topic: Using One Set Of Triggers Or Another. [TCKT10052013]  (Read 3725 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I have a set of triggers that I have made myself and which I wish to use in horse races with more than eight runners. If the number of horses in a race is eight or less I wish to use another different  set of triggers.

I could set up two instances of MFP running, select the markets myself and run one set on each version. Is it possible for me to write a trigger which incorporates both of my sets of triggers using only one program running, please ? Is there a simple way of allowing MFP to decide which set of triggers to use ?

• Élite
Re: Using One Set Of Triggers Or Another.
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2013, 16:25 »
hi
yes
use the activate and deactivate triggers
put all your more than eight triggers in block more than eight
put all your eight and less triggers in block eight or less
activate more than eight block and deactivate eight and less block etc

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2013, 16:36 »
Thanks, but how, please ? I want to load a set of instructions ( triggers ) into MFP and leave it run for forty or more races.  I don't want to be sitting at the computer enabling and disabling triggers by ticking the boxes to the right of the trigger in each case.

I tried to learn BASIC computer program language many years ago. There was a "magic " command named GOTO. In the event of a certain set of circumstances the program went to a specific line and performed the program. I'm looking for something like that in MFP.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2013, 16:39 »
nigelbleddfa1,

keep in mind that the number of horses can change because of withdrawn horses. In rare cases, the number of horses can even increase, if a previously withdrawn horse is re-instated again.

You can use variable "runner_number" to get market's number of runners.

If it is easy to join your 2 trigger files into one depends on the difference of the two files. If your "over 8" and "under 8" versions are similar, you can add a coundition like

"and trigger expression runner_numer is greater than 8"

If the 2 versions of your trigger file differs only by some parameters,

use this expression part to increase a parameter value for the "over 8" version by 2

<some expression part for "under 8" version> + IF (runner_numer>8, 2, 0 )

If you 2 versions are completely different, you can add

"and trigger expression runner_numer is greater than 8"

or

"and trigger expression runner_numer is less or equal than 8"

to all trigger conditions and merge your 2 trigger files.

Martin

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2013, 16:44 »
hi
we crossed as i was altering my post

use the activate and deactivate triggers
put all your more than eight triggers in block more than eight
put all your eight and less triggers in block eight or less
activate more than eight block and deactivate eight and less block

the trigger to activate would have the condition
and markets number of selections is equal or less than 8
the deactivate trigger would have
and markets number of selections is greater than 8

you have 1 trigger with 2 actions
1 action to activate eight or less block
1 action to deactivate more than eight block
conditions
and markets number of selections is equal or less than 8

you have another trigger with 2 actions
1 action to activate more than eight block
1 action to deactivate eight or less block
conditions
and markets number of selections is greater than 8

this is the same as if eight or less runners goto block with triggers for eight or less else goto block with more than eight runners.

mcbee

Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2013, 16:53 »
Thank you both. I will try to incorporate your instructions after racing today. At the moment I am switching between triggers manually. I am actually winning money and this  is most unusual :)

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2013, 17:00 »
hi nigelbleddfa1
I tried to learn BASIC computer program language many years ago
that takes me back some years, i learned machine code then basic and it took me years before i tried windows.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE