Author Topic: vol_trend  (Read 516 times)

Tags:
  • All members
vol_trend
« on: 20 Sep 2022, 14:06 »
Goof Afternoon

Should be an easy one. I have been using lt_trend and understand that a negative value (i.e -0.2) would indicate a price shortening so reducing in price - say from 2 to 1.8.

Applying the above logic - Would a negative value such as the above example mean the same thing for volume? As I am trying to catch runners who have increased in volume not reduced - so would it be a positive in this instance - like 20 to 22% be 0.1 or above? The opposite of the lt_trend measure?

I welcome any feedback. 

Re: vol_trend
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2022, 17:56 »
Hi
vol_trend and lt_trend are chart related and depend on the settings and timeframe of the chart and are lagging indicators. You are right on lt_trend but I'm not sure how vol_trend works. I think it relates to increase or decrease in a selection's volume percentage.

For your purpose I would suggest sorting your selections by volume, and then selecting the top volumes

for example:

...your conditions followed by
and selections sorting order is defined by volume
and selections trigger expression match_index is between matching_number -3 and matching_number

this will pick the top four volumes.

the variable volume is the sections volume percentage in the market
if you wanted to work with the actual matched volume on a selection, replace volume with:
market_volume*(volume/100)

again, you can do the same with voldif_ e.g.

...your conditions followed by
and selections sorting order is defined by voldif_5
and selections trigger expression match_index is between matching_number -3 and matching_number

this will pick the top four selections whose actual matched volume increase is the highest during the last 5 minutes

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE