Author Topic: Volume  (Read 868 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Volume
« on: 16 May 2019, 08:56 »
Is there a way to monitor each runners volume pre off and calculate against a volume I input then it places a bet depending on the difference between its actual volume and the volume I have inputed ? 

Re: Volume
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2019, 09:45 »
Hi
a selection's volume percentage variable is: volume
if you wanted the actual matched volume on the selection: market_volume*volume/100
for example on the favourite you could use a condition:
and selections trigger expression market_volume*r_1_volume/100 is greater than <your input volume> 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2019, 11:03 »
Hi make it was more 

Let’s say 30 seconds before the off 
Horse a traded £10 
Horse b traded £15
Horse c traded £18 

I then want to lay the horse that has the biggest difference in what I’m comparing the volume against so 

Horse a £15
Horse b £16
Horse c £19

So I want the trigger to lay horse a as it’s furthest from my volume prediction. 

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2019, 13:24 »
Hi
assuming you are importing the volume figures for each selection from a text file, the variable for the text file volumes will be imported_1
your lay trigger conditions would be something like this:

markets minutes before the off is equal or less than 0.5
and selections trigger expression imported_1 is greater than 0
and selections trigger expression (market_volume*volume/100)-imported_1 is the minimum
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2019, 15:12 »
Thanks for your help so it’ll be a different text file for each race so how would I do this fully automated ? Thanks for your replies it’s been excellent 

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2019, 17:16 »
Hi
It might be better to put all the selections for all markets in one text file. This can then be automatically re-imported as the text file gets updated. If you have not yet seen it, please have a look at this article and the video, and also the helpfile section on importing selections for auto-trading.

In the attached screenshot I've shown the format of the text file, the trigger, and the values of the formula for the three imported selections. You can see the trigger laid the selection with the greatest difference between the actual volume and the imported volume at 30secs before the off.

You can adjust this trigger to how you want it

edit: in the screenshot, the trigger's execute field should be once per market

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2019, 20:04 »
Thanks mark

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2019, 08:20 »
Hi mark would 1 text file with all greyhounds listed from multiple races still work on one sheet 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE