Author Topic: Wildcards for importing markets in market locator  (Read 929 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a wildcard when entering markets in a text file to use with market locator?
For example, rather than saying "Arsenal v West Ham / Over/Under 1.5 Goals" I'd like to be able to say "Arsenal v West * 1.5".

I'm including the full market rather than using the filter as I'd like to import multiple markets (such as over 2.5 goals) for different matches using the same text file. It works with specifying the whole line of text but I was wondering if I could use wildcards to make it simpler?

Thanks,

• All members
Re: Wildcards for importing markets in market locator
« Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2020, 11:42 »
You don't need any wildcards.  You specify the markets you want in Sports and then use a condtion:   Markets Name is in file ........
All you need is the Home or Away team on each line of the text file.  See this thread: https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-triggered-betting/import-syntax-for-over-1-5-goals/msg92710/?topicseen#msg92710

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2020, 11:45 »
Just noticed I already replied to you on this subject in the link I posted above.  I really don't see what your problem is, please try the method I suggested.  It definitely works, I've just tested it.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2020, 11:54 »
You can run Market Locator as often as you wish and it will keep adding markets to My markets as long as you haven't ticked Clear My Markets First.   So you coud have a text file for the the matches where you want O1.5 & O2.5 markets and another text file for the matches where you only want O2.5 markets etc.  Or you could just manually delete the markets you dont want from My Markets.  I don't think I could be bothered typing the whole name of a market in a text file, think it would be easier just to delete unwanted ones.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 07 Mar 2020, 16:43 »
Hi rubold,

I'm using separate text files at the moment, for each market, against a different filter in Market Locator.
My goal is to automate as much as I can, and I know that I can have a default filter to run on start up of MFP and at a certain interval, but only filter - which means only one text file, and only one set of matches.
I'm trying to use a single text file and specifying the whole market, with all the relevant markets in the filter, but this cumbersome. Hence why I'd like a wildcard.

Your suggestion is fine, but I see it more as a workaround for what I'd like to do rather than a solution.

Thanks.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE