Author Topic: win and place laying trigger  (Read 8651 times)

Tags:
  • All members
win and place laying trigger
« on: 21 Jan 2014, 17:29 »
  Please may I ask for a laying trigger for the Win and Place markets.
When market:
Lay £10.00 on the first favourite;
Lay the next two favourites each with the maximum liability equivalent to the profit from the first favourite lay bet.
Place market:
Lay the first two or three places with a combined maximum liability equivalent to the potential from the first favourite lay in the Win market.
Lay all of the remaining selections each with a maximum liability equivalent to the loss of the first lay bet.
Please include constants for all variables including maximum Lay prices to accept and options such as setting minimum tick offset before accepting the prices.
Thank you very much.  Please may I ask for a laying trigger for the Win and Place markets.
When market:
Lay the next two favourites each with the maximum liability equivalent to the profit from the first favourite lay bet.
Place market:
Lay the first two or three places with a combined maximum liability equivalent to the potential from the first favourite lay in the Win market.
Lay all of the remaining selections each with a maximum liability equivalent to the loss of the first lay bet.
Please include constants for all variables including maximum Lay prices to accept and options such as setting minimum tick offset before accepting the prices.
Thank you very much.  Please may I ask for a laying trigger for the Win and Place markets.
When market:
Place market:
Thank you very much.

• Élite
Re: win and place laying trigger
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2014, 18:41 »
hi
please test this trigger to see if it is placing the bets that you want and at the amounts that you want.
you did not say if commission was to be taken in to account.
also i have not added the ticks, as i am not sure what you want to do with them.
in the constant you can set
bet amount
Maximum lay price for the favourite                      win market
Maximum lay price for the next 2 favourites       win market
Maximum lay price for the                                       place market
Time in minutes before the start to place the bets

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2014, 13:50 »
Hello Mcbe,

Thank you very much for the triggers.  Will you please make the following amendments:

Win market:
When the market turns keep all unmatched bets open using the fixed index selections;
Lay the first favourite for £10.00 @ 2 or less;
Lay the second favourite for 50% of potential winnings @ 3 or less ; [On/Off]

Place market:
When the market turns keep all unmatched bets open using the fixed index selections;
Lay the 3rd favourite with the remaining 50% of the potential winnings for the first favourite in the Win market,@ 3 or less; [On/Off]
Only lay the second favourite in races with two finishing places.  Please include options such as limiting the difference between the lay and back prices to minimise incorrect/false market;

Please include a constant to vary the percentage of the potential winnings to be reused in the win and the place market and to make changes to the three lay prices.  As it is anticipated that different figures and variations will be used, is it possible to make the individual approximately P/L readily available for each one of these three scenarios several minutes before the start?

Kind regards,

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2014, 12:19 »
Hello Mcbe,

I failed to make it clear in yesterday's post that the amendments/triggers were also the only pieces of the previous trigger which I required and want to keep using.  To reiterate I would like the trigger to basically lay the first and second favourites in the win market at different prices, and then place a lay bet on the third favourites in the place market.  Please accept my apologies for this omission.

Kind regards,

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2014, 15:00 »
 Hello Mcbe,

The requirements for this laying system has been simplified into two triggers.  One for the win market and one for the place market.
Win market:
Lay the 1st favourite at SP for £100.00;
Lay the 2nd favourite at SP for variable% of £100;

Place market:
Lay the 2nd favourite at SP for a variable% of £100;
Lay the 3rd favourite at SP for a variable% of £100;

Constants:
To adjust bet amounts;
To adjust three separate variable percentages;
To set maximum layi odds;

As an optional extra is it possible to have a substitute to the trigger 'for a variable% of £100'?  This trigger would be 'for a variable% of the potential liability of the 1st favour in the Win market.

Kind regards,
Tony

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2014, 16:52 »
hi
i will test on sunday.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2014, 12:17 »
hi
do you want to lay a bet at SP
or
lay at the SP price, just after the start.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 02 Feb 2014, 13:58 »
Hi,
Unfortunately, I have not considered this before.  What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking the price before or after the start.
Kind regards

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 02 Feb 2014, 14:24 »
hi
you cannot take SP after the start, but you can set the lay_price to the SP price.
so the bet will only be matched if the lay price is equal or less than the SP.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 02 Feb 2014, 18:01 »
Hi
I will continue with taking the SP price just before the start.  This way I would not have to worry about getting matched.

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2014, 19:25 »
hi
so you want to lay the selections at  Take SP, not the price available.
if the win market fav lay odd are less than your set amount
and if the win market second fav lay odd are less than your set amount
and the place market second fav lay odd are less than your set amount
and the place market third fav lay odd are less than your set amount
the fav with a fixed bet amount
second and third favs with there own percent of the favs bet amount.

the problem with your other extra request, is that there is no way of knowing the lay liablity until the bet is matched at SP, it is then to late to place the other bets.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 07 Feb 2014, 11:57 »

Hello Mcbe,
Apologies for the delay in replying.  If we take the SP just after the start will that resolve the problem.  The only other option is to revert back to the original.

Kind regards,
Tony

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 07 Feb 2014, 22:51 »
hi
the problem is the SP, you take it or you don't before the start.
you can use the SP price as a minimum or maximum price for the selection after the start but not before the start.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 08 Feb 2014, 12:21 »
hi,
Sorry, my mistake, I should have said revert back to taking the available price.
Kind regards

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 11 Feb 2014, 14:10 »
Hi, when testing this trigger the lay bets always get matched even when I have the five seconds turned on.  Is it possible to turn off or a might just be incredibly lucky that the bets are being matched? 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE