Author Topic: Winplace betting  (Read 580 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Winplace betting
« on: 10 Nov 2022, 16:11 »
Hi, I am trying to back a selection in the place market after that selection meets a condition in the win market. I have set a user variable to record the selection name then back it in the place market.
But I cannot get it to work, whether I try sel_name = user variable, sel_name contains user variable, is in list and so on. The log shows the comparison being made but a return of false each time. This is maybe because the user variable records the name with spaces omitted, I don't know.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Winplace betting
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2022, 17:06 »
Hi
String variables like names should be enclosed in "quotation marks"
You could also use sel_id instead which is Betfair's ID number for the selection which is the same in Win and Place markets

But there is a better way without writing to user variables etc. which is winplace_ prefix. If you search the helpfile for winplace_ you will see how it works but basically you can check variables in the opposite market.

For example the trigger in attached screenshot will back in the Place market the first selection who's back price is less than 1.50 in the Win market. 

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Winplace betting
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2022, 18:12 »
Thanks, the sel_id did the trick. Strangely enough I'd seen that in another reply when searching for the answer but inadvertently used sel_index instead. :-\

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE