Author Topic: WOM - formula please  (Read 1445 times)

Tags:
  • All members
WOM - formula please
« on: 21 Feb 2019, 12:22 »
Hi,

What is the formula to back a horse if the weight of money is equal or less then 20%?

So from the above I want to back a hose when there is less than 20% of the weight of money on the lay side.

Re: WOM - formula please
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2019, 16:08 »
Hi
selections weight of money is less than 0.20
or selections trigger expression sel_wom is less than 0.20

weight of money is expressed as a number between 1 and 0.
for example, at the best three prices for back and lay if all the money offered is on the back side it will be 1
if there is 20% on the back side and 80% on the lay side it will be 0.20     
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2019, 19:23 »
Great thank you , top man :)

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2019, 13:52 »
Hi Mark,

Just to make sure i have my logic correct, if there is 0.20 wom , I should be laying as the price is more likely to go up in price ? Thank you in advance 

« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2019, 19:18 »
Hi
no it's the opposite.

backing money appears as unmatched money on the lay side, if there is more money on the lay side the WOM figure will be lower, and price more likely to shorten as backers ask for lower and lower prices. WOM would equal 0.00 if selections lay price is 1.01

laying money appears as unmatched money on the back side, if there is more money on the back side the WOM figure will be higher, and price more likely to drift as layers offer higher and higher prices on the selections chance of winning. WOM would equal 1.00 if selections back price is 1000

evenly spread opinion between backers and layers should result in a WOM figure approx. 0.50
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2019, 21:27 »
Great thanks Mark,

Sorry for the silly question:), but I get it now from the excellent info above.

I will now get on with making the trigger now.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2019, 21:29 »
Sorry for the bad grammar and English above, dam iPhone.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE