Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 25 Apr 2014
  • I've created a new trigger example which looks into the way to do something in one football market based on circumstances in several other markets of the same match.

Here is the example

I placed it in this section because it shows a typical trick of remembering selections in one market and then accessing them in another, using the match ID. It has been used many times in other trigger examples, all of them were for football too.

If you have questions about this particular method, please post here, I'll be happy to provide additional explanations and examples.
  • #2 by mips on 24 Dec 2014
  • Hi Oxa,
    I used this example to build some trigger which will check odds on Match odds market and then place bets on other markets. But I didn't have success with connecting markets(regarding their names) because I need to set conditions which are little tricky I assume. Here is example for better understanding.
    We have match Arsenal-Chelsea
    I loaded markets:
    -Chelsea win from behind
    -Arsenal win from behind
    -Match odds
    I intend to place bets on Arsenal/Chelsea win from behind markets with checking odds on match odds market.

-Arsenal win from behind (check back price on Arsenal on match odds market and regarding that place bet on Arsenal win from behind market
    -Chelsea win from behind (check back price on Chelsea on match odds market and regarding that place bet on Arsenal win from behind market

The problem is how to set which selection on match odds market trigger should track.
    If market name is Arsenal win from behind, then trigger should take first word in market name "Arsenal" and to find that name on match odds market which is Selection 1 in this case.
    When appropriated selection on Match odds is found, then check if price is for example between 1.5 and 1.8 and place some bet on Arsenal win from behind market.

I made 3 triggers:
    getting the ID of the match
    check price on selections 1,2 on match odds market
    place bet on win from behind markets
    This works, but markets aren't connected with corresponding names(price is checked on both selections 1 and 2 on Match odds , and if conditions are satisfied, bets are placed on Win from behind markets ).
    Any idea how this can be realized?
    Thanks.

• #3 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 25 Dec 2014
  • Hi mips,

The "win from behind" markets are not covered in the betting code conditions (well, only a limited number of the most popular markets are).
    But in your particular case it is the Match Odds market that you will refer to for prices, so it's fine to use the football1_ variable to access it. You would need to check its prices and then act on them in the "Win from behind" market if that market has the name of the corresponding selection in its market name.

See the example attached. The triggers back on Yes in Win from behind if the team's price in Match Odds is higher than 3.
  • #4 by mips on 25 Dec 2014
  • Hi Oxa,
    Yeah this is exactly what I looked for, and also not so complicated. You understood very well what I want. I was in wrong direction to make this.

Regarding how to add selections automatically, I found way to add(using Market's name contains Win from Behind) all Win from behind markets with market locator, but how to add Match Odds markets only for those matches(which consists win from behind markets) at same time with market locator? Is that possible?

If I lay the odd with r_ticks(back_price,1), so to my offer become on first place all the time, how to set maximum or minimum lay odd here? Example I want to lay, and to start with minimum odd 3.3 (if currently there is no price offered or offered lower then 3.3 on back side) and want to lay maximum up to odd 5.3.

How to set lay stake to be calculated regarding to liability? So when I want to lay with different odds, but to liability be always 50, what to put in Amount field?

Still learning about commands and trigger expressions, but hopefully soon I will be able to exploit most of functions which offered in MFP.

Thanks a lot Oxa, you are a great man.

• #5 by pfc on 26 Dec 2014
  • Actually, mips, she's not.  :)
  • #6 by mips on 26 Dec 2014
  • Haha, yes now I see, didn't expect woman on betfair trading forum  :D
  • #7 by mips on 12 Jan 2015
  • Hello Oxa,
    any help for setting max,min odd here. Thanks.
Pages:
Actions