Author Topic: Determining the duration of a race and time left till the end  (Read 33859 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
I've just added this trigger example.

Determining the duration of a race and time left till the end. See below.

I thought it might be useful, especially if your strategy is based on betting towards the end of the race.

Let me know what you think.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
The triggers also set a RaceDistance trigger variable that contains the race distance in meters.
For example:
Code: [Select]
Trigger Expression RaceDistance is less than 4828.032selects races shorter than 3 miles.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
Hi please bear with me I'm new to this excellent piece of software. This time to end trigger is just what I need except that I want to use the variable TimeToEnd in a trigger that places a bet in the place market. As your trigger stands it doesn't set the variable RaceTime for the place market and as a result I can't get the correct value of TimeToEnd for use in my place market trigger. How can I resolve this please ?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Welcome!

Unfortunately there is no information about race distance in the place market name.
I changed the triggers to make them work in place markets as well but it may not work correctly when the first selection is withdrawn (it's id is used to link the markets).

Sorry, haven't tested the TimeToEnd variable - it's too late today.
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• All members
Hi thanks for that super fast response !  :) I'm experimenting by changing your triggers for RaceDistance and RaceTime to be place market triggers, and changed your formulae to operate on winplace_market_name to reference the win market name for the distance/country data. Seem to be getting somewhere with that will post here if ultimately successful. Thanks again.

• Élite
hi
just downloaded the place distance trigger.
it does not work.
because you have put a condition in the time trigger and var racetime is set.
BUT it should be
RaceTime_s_1_sel_id   is set.

keep up the good work.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
hi
the place distance is a good trigger now i have altered the RaceTime_s_1_sel_id .
BUT it only works if i monitor 1 set of markets (win and place) at a time, if i monitor more than 1 set, then the distance is taken from the last market that gets monitored.
so the 1:00 race distance is the 3:00 race distance.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Set user variable -> Individually for each market
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• Élite
hi
hmmm?, tried that and nothing works.
due to the fact that the place market has no distance.

mcbee

• All members
Moderator: The message was deleted at the poster's request.

• All members
Set user variable -> Individually for each market
Can the forecast Race Time / Duration be exported from a Spreadsheet, CSV or Txt file for each Horse Racing market ?

• Administrator
Can the forecast Race Time / Duration be exported from a Spreadsheet, CSV or Txt file for each Horse Racing market ?

Yes you can import pretty much any data you want for markets and selections in MF Pro.

Compile a list of selections to import. If you need to import something for the whole market rather than for individual selections, then simply include all selections from that market.

You can pre-populate an import file using this trigger.

Then next to the name of the horse (in should be in double quotes), insert Tab and then the value you want to import. Example:

"My Fair Lady"      1600.8

At the end of the file insert the #all_active# keyword -- this will prevent the program from disabling the selections that are not included in the import file.

Then import this file into MF Pro ("Import selections for auto-trading") and address the imported value with the variable imported_1.
You can just as well include other values (separated by Tab) and address them by imported_2, imported_3 and so on.

Here is a video demonstrating how to import selections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNhSl5ypn0
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE