Author Topic: I've made (possibly) profit generating triggers - guess what they do and how!  (Read 182273 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I use the original version and the stop loss wasn't fired, I thought it would be because as it was a very short race, it finished before the stop loss was activated.

• Élite
hi
if you want to allow the stop loss in markets 5f and 6f, then replace the condition
IF(market_length<1500, 1.0, IF(market_length<2000, 1.2, 1.4))
in the stop loss trigger WITH.

IF(market_length<1250,.50,IF(market_length<1500, 1.0, IF(market_length<2000, 1.2, 1.4)))

this will activate the trigger after 30 secs, because 5f race only runs for 1 min and 6f for 1.12 averaged

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
As we all know there is no possibility of "back testing" any of the triggers. This got me thinking. How about if one could have a horse race simulator linked up with MF? I do have access to such a simulator, and the only thing that has to be added to it are algorithms calculating the fluctuating odds in relation to the position of the horse in the race.

I will post it under Suggestions (I'm not sure whether I will be allowed to attach a copy of the Excel simulator, though?)

• Élite
hi
mfp has a time machine add on, due to be released as soon as betfair give it the go ahead and beta testing is complete.
with the time machine you can back test triggers, to see if they are any good.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Dear Oxa,

Previously I have unsuccessfully requested the creation of a trigger based on a Betangel staking calculator.  Your Dutch chaser is the closest I've come to see trigger version of the Betangel staking calculator.  This is available free from their website but it uses the Betdaq exchange.  Would you be able to replicate this in a trigger and with a lay version?

It is more of a simpled Dutch staking calculator that allows you to redistribute 100 per cent of the potential profit.  The Dutch chaser is much more complex than the Bestangel calculator.  Therefore you  might easily adapt the trigger.  The greening up the would be a useful addition certain situations.
This is what I would like to achieve:
With the tick values set at 50+ I want to be able to Dutch the first three or four selections with an unequal distribution of the potential profit.  At least one or more of these selections to return zero p/l or just a minimal profit, if either of these go on to win.    Should  either of the remaining selections go on to win they should return return 25 per cent and 50 per cent respectively.  If there are no winners and no green up, I would lose all potential stake.

• All members
Hi,

Has anyone been able to double up there bankroll using this trigger and how many times in that case?

• All members
Could someone help me to modify this for Greyhound Racing?

It has too much moving parts for me that I'll be sure that it'll work as intended.  ;D

I want that it does this, if possible.

When maximum book percentage hits certain mark (but should be certain constant minutes before the start), it will back all selections with price r_ticks(back_price, init_offset) and amount r_ticks(back_price, init_offset).

0.1 minutes before the off all unmatched bets will be matched.

I think that's all what's needed.  ::) Want to see if this strategy is feasible with greyhounds. I use the original with minor constant changes in horses already.

• All members
Could someone help me to modify this for Greyhound Racing?

It has too much moving parts for me that I'll be sure that it'll work as intended.  ;D

I want that it does this, if possible.

When maximum book percentage hits certain mark (but should be certain constant minutes before the start), it will back all selections with price r_ticks(back_price, init_offset) and amount r_ticks(back_price, init_offset).

0.1 minutes before the off all unmatched bets will be matched.

I think that's all what's needed.  ::) Want to see if this strategy is feasible with greyhounds. I use the original with minor constant changes in horses already.

Sorry I meant in this r_ticks(back_price, init_offset and pyt/r_ticks(back_price, init_offset).

• All members
Hi
I have just got MFP and am trialing Dutcing chaser, How do I increase the stakes that it works with, i have adjusted the settings in the main program to no avail, do I have to go into the trigger settings editor  to do this ??
I am a very experienced bet angel operator but this is new to me.
I am very impressed with Dutching chaser though
I am sure I am missing something but I cant seem to sort this any help would be appreciated

• All members
I would imagine you change the value of the constant:  pyt  from the value 10 to whatever you want.  You would need to test the effect of this on stakes.  The constants are located at the top of the trigger window.

Have you been able to make consistent profits with this trigger?

• All members
Thanks so much, I have used Dutching Chaser for a few days on trial and it has been successful but only for pennies - with the key to upping the stakes and going live for real money I will be able to see if its possible to get matched, I think the key will be to select markets with high liquidity and over 1 mile so the program has sufficient time in running to get the variation in odds that it requires, I will let you know after a few days
many thanks
Alan

Hi alan,

I ran this trigger for a good while. I still kick it in sometimes when I see certain types of races and book spreads. It works best for me where there the prices are grouped fairly well together say 20 minutes b4 the off, and no later than say 10 mins. I.M.O.,it can make good gains for quite awhile, but going in-running, as with many triggers, will create bigger losses eventually, if not immediately .
It is a great secondary trigger to use on occasions, so good luck with it

Larp

• All members
Hello
First ... this is very good trigger, congratulations to the developer!
I'm doing some tests and I have some questions:

I reduced some constants to suit the real value that want to bet, for example; U$ 50.00 (Available Funds) but with these changes, no longer appear the number of unmatched bets according to given market, example: If the market there are 10 horses, only 4 bets appear to be met, and in the example the Trigger demo video are all matched to close to 100%.

I suppose I have changed wrongly constants, then follow below as I changed:

A brief explanation of the constants is possible? I thank you!
* Sorry for my written English, because I am Brazilian and I do not speak very well English.

Initial payout size 50

Initial maximum percentage book 104

[Max value of mybook is chasing the steamers] 48

[Max value of mybook is chasing the steamers close to the off] 50.1

tks

• Élite
hi
[Max value of mybook is chasing the steamers] 48
this needs to be a higher value, start at 98, then reduce by 1 and test for bets, if ok then reduce again until you are happy, the bigger the value the better it gives more chance of bets getting matched.
[Max value of mybook is chasing the steamers close to the off] 50.1
this needs to be a higher value, start at 100.1, then increase by .10 and test for bets, if ok then increase again until you are happy, the bigger the value the better it gives more chance of bets getting matched.
make sure that you have enough funds to cover all the bets times 2, never try to use all funds always use 25% of the funds, if it goes wrong you will always have funds for another bet.

mcbee

• All members
OK mcbee!
tks

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE