Author Topic: I've made (possibly) profit generating triggers - guess what they do and how!  (Read 182276 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Guys if I go in real-money mode with this trigger, will betfair suspend my account if it places bets under 2.00 ?
Thanks!

NO. Read the other threads about trading under. Unless you are doing a million trades, you are fine.

• All members
NO. Read the other threads about trading under. Unless you are doing a million trades, you are fine.
I did but they have many doubtful posts. Thank you.

How long before the race is good to place the initial back bets? a few hours maybe? :D
I mean to start monitoring the race..

Again, read the thread in full. You will see that it is not a full day trigger. The trigger designer recommended up to 15 minutes, not very much later as swings dont correct. Not too early when there are big gaps in back v lay prices.

You are obviously very keen to get trading. But you should slow down and test these triggers until you learn how the markets work. You might know how the markets work, but you don't know how they will work for these triggers. For example, knowing which selections to let go inrunning and which to take a loss on is the biggest part of this trigger imo. You wont win if you dont know the difference, and you can only learn which from trialing.

When I ran it, I used 20 mins to 10 mins before the off. That gave me plenty of time to adapt to whatever situation evolved with the trigger. I don't run it anymore, for no particular reason.

• All members
Again, read the thread in full. You will see that it is not a full day trigger. The trigger designer recommended up to 15 minutes, not very much later as swings dont correct. Not too early when there are big gaps in back v lay prices.

You are obviously very keen to get trading. But you should slow down and test these triggers until you learn how the markets work. You might know how the markets work, but you don't know how they will work for these triggers. For example, knowing which selections to let go inrunning and which to take a loss on is the biggest part of this trigger imo. You wont win if you dont know the difference, and you can only learn which from trialing.

When I ran it, I used 20 mins to 10 mins before the off. That gave me plenty of time to adapt to whatever situation evolved with the trigger. I don't run it anymore, for no particular reason.

Thanks for your advices.
Sorry for my question, wrong way to ask about this.
My idea is that if there's high liquidity 1 hour before the race, bets will have more time to get matched. From what you just said I guess my idea is not so good.

Today I learned that in a race with <8 horses the prices before the race dont matter so much - What I mean is that even if the odds for a horse are 50.00 before the race, he can win (it just happened). Now Im trying to calculate my max odds bet (set to 200 atm, default (by Oxa) = 900).

• All members
  • "Good luck in your Gaming"
Hi... just joined this interesting conversation thank you  :)

I had a look at your video, and without reading what others have put yet, ive had a go myself trying to figure this one out.

Looks to me like:

1.   back all positions to a fixed liability of £50
#sub 1.81*27.62 = 49.9922 @ 0.3 ticks above (1.78) fav
#dev 5.8*8.62 = 49.996 @ 0.3 ticks above (5.5) 2nd fav
#over 7.2*6.94 = 49.968 @ 0.6 ticks above (6.6) 3rd fav
#lady 16.5*3.03 = 49.995 @ 15 ticks above (15) 2nd loser
#ish 24*2.08 = 49.92 @ 32 ticks above (21) Possible loser
... fibonacci scale?
3.   Betting to hope that they will green as the odds improve (confirmed at the end)
4.   Delete unmatched bet if odds change in favour, so... maybe a trailing stop of = 0.2 (?)
5.   Green up within last 5mins

Am i getting close lol?  :P

Betting to fixed liability:
For fixed lay liability of £50 on any odds ... "amount" 50/(lay_price-1)
For fixed Win amount of £50 on any odds .... "amount" 50/(back_price-1)

example: fixed lay of £10 on probably loser ... "amount" 10/(lay_price-1)

• All members
This trigger treated this topic (The Dutching Chaser), can be applied to the correct score in the soccer? If someone has done this adaptation, you could send?

• All members
I am using the "early out" version of the trigger. Any idea why it decides to trade early, with negative balance?

As you can see in my image there are still 5 minutes till the off, and he decided to close all unmatched bets with negative profit.

The "trade out if..." trigger is set at "wibook is equal or less than 99.5"

• All members
Hi Oxa!

this trigger still works?

Thx!

• All members

3.2. If the price of a steamer went down by 2 ticks, cancel its bet and place it 1 tick lower than the original price, but don't do this if the steamer has a rank of more than runner_number/2, until close to the off.
Hello Oxa, just found this thread (maybe you are still lurking).
I just want to clarify the point above. You say that if a price drops by 2 ticks it is cancelled and bet is placed one tick lower than previous - BUT not for horses ranked higher than 2?
Earlier, a couple of posts before you stated -
I set it to 5 mins, and the activity before the off relates to steamers only, and to those whose rank is less than runner_number/2. And so it is not exactly backing 3 ticks over the current price.

So this suggests that steamers are only backed by runners with rank less than 2 (so the favorite?)
Can you or anyone just explain the steamers rule. I don't understand the triggers as I use Excel for all my coding.
TIA

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE