Author Topic: I've made (possibly) profit generating triggers - guess what they do and how!  (Read 182265 times)

Tags:
Hi all.

I too have been testing, real and test modes for the last while, and I have had generally the same mixed results as everyone else.

I have also been trying other dutching triggers, albeit simple ones. My overall opinion of the problem generally encountered has been 'chasing the steamer' and losing the equity gained from the drifters.
My question/idea is this. Can your trigger actively calculate both the matched bets and unmatched bets in real time and tell, if settled now, am I in profit or loss? If I am in profit, then match the unmatched and take my profit?

I am way too novicey to even attempt this myself?

Thanks for all your hard work

• All members
The logs to investigate...
« Reply #61 on: 10 Apr 2013, 10:49 »
Hi Oxa,

Here are the logs from yesterday's mentioned two events.
I hope, these are the logs you asked for. :)
  4shared.com/zip/bNPEq88p/9_Apr_1540Ponte_and_1550Carl.html

Thank you all your work...

(I can't attach anything so uploaded...)

• Administrator
My question/idea is this. Can your trigger actively calculate both the matched bets and unmatched bets in real time and tell, if settled now, am I in profit or loss? If I am in profit, then match the unmatched and take my profit?

Yes, in fact the triggers do that when the market turns In-Play, after a certain time has passed since the off.

I will do the modifications and attach them here later on when I have more free time.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Administrator
Re: The logs to investigate...
« Reply #63 on: 10 Apr 2013, 11:02 »
(I can't attach anything so uploaded...)

The link you sent me requires to register which I'm reluctant to.
You can attach images and other files now that you have more than 5 posts.
Have you used the "Additional Options" below the text box? Can you try again?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Oh, cr*p, sorry, I didn't know it requires login to download it.
No, there is no "attachment" option below the text box. I try to upload in another way, this one should work without a registration.

s3.toldacuccot.hu/en/download?sid=16479ab5eb7135f32c6c45157c3c1aa7&file=9_Apr_1540Ponte_and_1550Carl.zip

hi oxa
thanks for the info.
i have converted your trigger to lay, and i am testing now, it seems to be working, only time will tell.
mcbee

Hi McBee,
Any chance you could post the link for the Lay Version as mentioned. I would like to test that one too. Thanks.

• Élite
hi
sorry, i tested it a few times and the results were not very good so i deleted it.
i will have to do another and post it.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Today's two times
« Reply #67 on: 10 Apr 2013, 20:34 »
Hi Oxa,

Here are today's two strange results (18:35 Lingfield, 22:20 Dundalk [CET]) and attached a result where the trigger could handle the fact that poor Jubilee has some injury just before the race, so that horse was withdrawn... (21:00 Kempton [CET])...

Hope these can help to find, what cause that thing. (as far as I can see, it is somehow connected with the occasional case where the first bet isn't fully matched; but I'm not an expert, maybe I am wrong...)

s3.toldacuccot.hu/en/download?sid=297b524e934a54473d6c4834cbbf9912&file=dutching_chaser_10April_twotimestoday.zip

• Administrator
Hi agatity,
I've checked your logs, well done for finding them and making one zip file by the way!
I only had time for 15:40 Ponte on the 9th of April. But it helped reveal a logical error in the formula of the bet amount in the trigger that backs on drifters. Indeed, if a bet is only partial matched, its matched payout must be deducted from the initial payout, and in my formula it was the matched bet, not the payout. Don't know how I got away with this before, I can recall several races where my bets were matched partially, yet I don't remember being exposed to loss in them. Hmmm...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to save and attach all this info, it really helped me to improve the triggers. I amended the trigger file in the example on our web site.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Love the video Oxa, great mix, and finally a voice to a name.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

I see what you mean about the DutchLay withdrawals problem. It happened again today in the first race Lingfield 2.00  I went from a positive on all the horses to a negative on the remaining ones of min £5.50. I rang them and they said a deduction of 13.3% on all bets. Still can't get my head around it haha

• Administrator
Thanks londolozi!

LarpHager, following your request:
Can your trigger actively calculate both the matched bets and unmatched bets in real time and tell, if settled now, am I in profit or loss? If I am in profit, then match the unmatched and take my profit?

See the modified trigger file attached. Four new triggers have been added to it to let you trade out as soon as the current back prices and the matched bets you already have allow for that.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Thank you Oxa. Only thing is I can't find the amended trigger ???

• All members
Hi Oxa,

Me neither... :(

• Administrator
The trigger file is right underneath my previous message, it is called "dutching-chaser-early-out.mft". Can you see it?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE