Author Topic: I've made (possibly) profit generating triggers - guess what they do and how!  (Read 182266 times)

Tags:
Not sure why agaitiy, but on Sunday it worked in a whole of races at 1.00 prerace. In fact there was not one race on Sunday that it didn't work out perfectly for me. Unfortunately, I was in testing mode :( :( :(

• All members
Yes, the sunday wasn't good for me either. I was in real mode. I think I will try the modified trade-out version this sunday, 'cause I saw there was some point where it could be achieve a minimum profit instead of a stop-loss during the race and of course, that particular horse eventually won the race...

• All members
The last two posts seem to contradict each other with Larp saying he/she wished they were in real mode whereas Aga had a bad day in real mode. Could there be conflicting results and if so is that because of one of them is altering the triggers?

• Administrator
Does anyone have an idea as to the optimum refresh rate for this trigger, after the initial dutching has been done?

I'd say 3-4 sec before the off and 0.5 after, but that's strictly my opinion as one of the trigger's testers.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hmm., yes, indeed Nickdare, yesterday evening my english wasn't as good as it should be, so I misread LarpHager's last post. My sunday was bad (in real mode) and Larp's results was good in test mode in sunday.

But my opinion is everybody can have different results from each other, because the result is very depended when is the trigger starts (how many minutes before the race) and maybe because of the monitoring time (this last thing - in my opinion - has a less influence to the results, but I think it has some influence). For example, originally, Oxa suggested to start the trigger 15 minutes before the race, but as for myself, I start it 11 minutes before the race. Don't ask me, why... :)

But often I can see that you can see some odds peak at -10, -8 minutes and so on, so if another MF user starts this trigger at -9, -7 or even -5 minutes for example, he has different peaks at the starting point, where the trigger ask +3 ticks above...

• Administrator
For example, originally, Oxa suggested to start the trigger 15 minutes before the race, but as for myself, I start it 11 minutes before the race. Don't ask me, why... :)
My personal experience was bad if started later than 15 mins before the off. Has something to do with the significant price changes that start to take place between 15 and 10 mins before the off.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Oxa,

Do you have some spare time to investigate what could happen here?

Mcbee says this strange thing happened because of "set to once per market"... I'm a little bit confused, because at the next race the trade-out trigger went well for 5 selections at the same time...

My personal experience was bad if started later than 15 mins before the off. Has something to do with the significant price changes that start to take place between 15 and 10 mins before the off.

You mean, it is better to start the trigger between 20 and 15 minutes before the off (so between -20 min and -15 min), and not later? As I start it at only -11 mins?

• All members
As we could all have different results with this trigger dependent on our own settings I would imagine that we will never have (much) impact on the market even if we all started using it in real mode.

• All members
Yes, I think it is true. I think as long as we are "under the radar" (of course it is an imaginairy radar, not a real Betfair conspiracy) there can't be problem at all. I mean that I'm using it with a 50 euros "Initial payout size".
I can imagine that if I would like to raise it to for instance 500 euros, I would be met with some hard bet matching situations...

• All members
Yes, I think it is true. I think as long as we are "under the radar" (of course it is an imaginairy radar, not a real Betfair conspiracy) there can't be problem at all. I mean that I'm using it with a 50 euros "Initial payout size".
I can imagine that if I would like to raise it to for instance 500 euros, I would be met with some hard bet matching situations...

Definitely; the secret with all successful "systems" is to not get greedy and distort the market.

• All members
Using the "early-trade-out" version of this experiment what do you think about to raise the limit of number of the horses per race from 8 (which Oxa's original advise as she mentioned she tried many-many version and the maximum eight horses was the most stable/profitable config) to 9 or 10. You know, 'cause now the trigger is jumping out if there is a scenario for a minimum profit...

The main reason is I'm asking this, because it would increase the number of racings per day...

• All members
Hi guys, great piece of software you have here.

Tried this trigger yesterday, traded 9 races, no losses, 9 wins, couldn't ask for a better start, even in some of them, was exposed to big losses, as the in-play stop-loss was activated, leaving 1 selection with a big loss, in the end it all went well.

Do we avoid this "big loss" scenario by using the "early-trade-out" version of the trigger?
Wich version you think will give better long term results?

Thanks, all the best

Luis

• Administrator
Do we avoid this "big loss" scenario by using the "early-trade-out" version of the trigger?

Hi Luis and welcome.

The early trade out is a variation for taking smaller profits more often (theoretically). it's like with scalping - you may wait till the price shifts a little bit further to enjoy a bigger profit, but at the same time you're risking waiting for too long and eventually be exposed to a loss.

It is up to you which way to choose, you may even modify the triggers to come up with a new interesting approach.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Today I got a big loss wich wiped away all the profit from last 2 days.
The trigger never activated the stop loss in running, and the favourite wich was not matched did won the race, all the bets on other runners were matched, so I got a big loss.
The race was at Newbury 17:15 5f Hcap

Do you think this hapened because it was a very short race and the trigger didn't have the time to activate the stop loss in running?

• All members
Yes, it happened to me also at the exact event. And 2 days ago also...
The trade-out function didn't fired because there wasn't close to a break-even situation.
The original version's stop-loss function should be fired anyway...

It is very hard to make a judgment, but now, I tend to think that 2 steps ahead, 2 steps back. I don't know. Maybe it would be better if it can be stop even for a small loss then "hoping" that in-play can be matched the unmatched bet.
In the last 1,5 weeks it gave me for an initial 50 euros an average 2,5 euros profit / course, but when a loss is happened, it is about -30-40... Some tweak would be good, but I don't have any idea yet.

'Cause when an in-play unmatched bet struggling to be mached (especially in long courses, handicapped ones) finally the stop-loss function is triggered and at the end, not that horse wins where we sould suffer a big loss, so then it gives the average profit. But sometimes that horse is the winner. And then it wipes out the earlier profits...

But if the trigger would close the trade for a smaill loss (I mean for a small loss for every horses) then the question would be this: does the trigger can earn profit for more than 50%? Or still would be a 2 steps ahead, 2 steps back...

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE