Author Topic: A new trigger that works  (Read 26662 times)

Tags:
  • All members
A new trigger that works
« on: 28 Feb 2011, 12:47 »
Hi

Im working with market feeder since 2 years.
The trigger i developped works fine since 8 months.

I want to share it with you to verify wich happend if there are more people using it.

Its protected by password.
The password is   "gift"

How to use it:

Its a back trigger, using placed and winning uk and irish horse market.
The back amount is the default back amount, so be carefull the value you have in this area.
Recomended begin with small back amount:  0,20 € can be an idea.
The trigger use the win/losing history variables, so while its working dont bet manually or in other way never.
The avalaible funds and total funds must be the same when you starts the trigger.

SO:

settings:
default back amount: you decided, but its possible in a day some bets can be 5 times the default back amount.
account statement:retrieve data that are no older than:  0 days.

TO START TRIGGER:
in horse markets
add win markets, placed markets, irish races and uk races.

and thats all.

I hope the results are similar than the 8 month before.
 ;D

• Élite
Re: A new trigger that works
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2011, 14:00 »
hi
thank you for sharing your trigger and NOT selling it.

what is the best time before the off for monitoring.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2011, 15:31 »
one minute before the off  its good.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2011, 15:41 »
hi
thanks for the timing, i have set it to 30 secs as your trigger activates about 20secs.

it would be better to have a trigger to stop refreshing the markets at in play or suspended, as i don't think your triggers bet in play, this would save on api refresh charges.

thanks again
mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2011, 15:54 »
mcbee, Settings -> Monitoring options -> Stop monitoring events...
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2011, 17:11 »
well the trigger dont bet in play, but keep the bet, because is posible sometimes one bet can be matched in play.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2011, 17:17 »
hi
thanks, so the markets need to be inplay only if there is an unmatched amount.
stop refresh with a condition.
and bu_backa is equal to 0

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2011, 22:58 »
McBee
how are you seeing the timings etc in the trigger?

When i load it - its all protected with an expiry date at the end of march - cant see what it does at all.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 01 Mar 2011, 06:10 »
hi
i only know because of the time it activates the triggers,if you look at the log it alters the vaiables at the same time.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 01 Mar 2011, 07:12 »
well

the first part of the tigger calculate the stack (amount) to bet. The second part wait the conditions and back.

So ther are two main events. First one at 0,4 min before the off.
The trigger is protected with expire data because want to know efects in market if there are lot of people using it at same time.

When finish this period and listen here people said and there arent any secondary effects in the volume and prices of the selection, can share it without passwod.

sorry my english

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 01 Mar 2011, 07:44 »
Hi Piompero

Its not problem that it's protected - I was just curious as to hwo McBee was getting the info - but he explained that lol.

I'm afraid for me though I would only run it in test mode for the month, as I think most people will, so I am not sure if you will see any effect in markets.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 01 Mar 2011, 10:16 »
I agree that most people would try it in test mode initially, but if they are running their own strategies in live mode then they might not have spare capacity to keep them free of data charges.

So I think you may need to enable a longer test period so that enough people can test it and take the plunge to try it in live mode.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 01 Mar 2011, 12:50 »
ok, no problem.

lets wait for a month and will see

;)

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 02 Mar 2011, 07:15 »
well i ran it last night - I am in AUS so i loaded up the irish and uk races and let it run overnight in test mode

test balance down by 2.4%

will try again tonight

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 02 Mar 2011, 11:44 »
hi MrLugano
in your first post, you say,
The avalaible funds and total funds must be the same when you starts the trigger.
NOW. if your settings are using the total funds and balance, then anybody using test mode will not get the same actions as when using live, because the total balance and balance will not be updated with any profit/loss.
so will it work in test mode.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE