Author Topic: "Fatal Application Exit: Unable to open internet. The parameter is incorrect."  (Read 20895 times)

Tags:
  • All members
This error message pops up when I start MF Pro. Show me logged in but the balance is 0. When I dismiss the dialog box by clicking OK, the program closes.

I have the latest version and DEP is disabled. Running on Windows XP, haven't used it in a while. Naturally I can log into my Betfair account over the internet.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
MF pro doesn't has an access to the Internet or its connection is partially blocked. Do you use a proxy server? Any firewall or anti-virus software that may block it? Especially Kaspersky Internet Security one "likes" to block MF pro with no warnings.
There is a toubleshooting software - please download, run, follow all steps and send its log file to our support (to me - [email protected] ;-)

Thank you.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
I ve just got the same problem yet when running problem software it says cannot access google cant fix this problem (or words to that effect) but i can access internet and other programs work through the internet like betfair rapid so iam unable to run the program it comes up with the error and closes down  ??? :(

• All members
As Tim has already said, it is likely that your computer operating system or security is preventing MFP from making an Internet connection. Just because you can access the Internet  with another program does not mean that MFP is any way faulty.

Are you using that silly OS called Vista ? It seemed to stop everything from working. Windows 7 can also be a nuisance. Try switching off your security, firewall, antivirus etc and see if you can make MFP work. If you can, it will be apparent to you that your computer's settings need to be altered.

Try right clicking MFP as it appears on your startup menu and run it as administrator, that might work too.

• All members
I have this problem and have tried all the solutions above.

Turned off firewall and anti virus.

Clicked run as administrator

I'm running windows 7

I have also emailed  support with the troubleshooter file. no response yet.

• All members
I have this problem and have tried all the solutions above.

Turned off firewall and anti virus.

Clicked run as administrator

I'm running windows 7

I have also emailed  support with the troubleshooter file. no response yet.

Same here except I have also tried the compatability issues - I don't have a problem on windows 7 just windows 8.1

• All members
Hi guys - has anyone managed to get past this .  Still getting this problem here.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Please switch off "automatically detect proxy settings" option within the Control Panel.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
Why didn't I think of that doh.

Try it when home from work - thanks Tim

• All members
Bought this a few years ago and it was buggy then. I just purchased it again.. assuming 90% of the bugs would be resolved by now.. to no avail.

Fatal errors, then program crashes.

I click on settings: Crash
Triggers: Crash

Windows 7 (very high spec PC)

I hope to get to the bottom of this.. if I do, I'll post my findings.

Pierre

• All members
I like your username, suits you.  The program is not buggy as you say.  There may be anomalies on your system that are causing problems.  I have been running version 8.  for at least 6 months continuously with no crashes other than when Betfair had a  DDOS attack recently.

Have you allowed the programs through your firewall and antivirus?

Would it not be better opening a new thread with your specific problems?

• Élite
hi Nightmare
go back to the start.
make sure that you are running the software as administrator.
allow mfp full access in your firewall and anitvirus software and any other software that can block mfp.
if you still have problems post your antivirus software name and the names of any other malware software and your internet browser that is on your computer.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Same issue here. Tried all steps mentioned above - still occuring from time to time and it's a bit annoying so I would be more than happy if you could sort it out for me. Also got another error, Unable to open internet, code: (basically it says "Not enough memory/space to execute this order"). This one happens a lot when MFP monitor loads of markets. Switched off my Avast Free Antivirus completely, no other malware software, I use Chrome if that helps.

• All members
I think solution is extreme simple here. At least for me. Just cut number of markets being monitored by MFP. I found out that if I load to MFP less markets to monitor errors barely happens. Weird it's just about number of markets but works for me.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE