Author Topic: "unable to start logging system" any known fixes?  (Read 2044 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi

So this one seems to be a long standing issue and I was wondering if a working solution has been found yet?

Once I get beyond 4 instances of mfp running I encounter this error on every further instance I run.  The program can't display statements, logs or current bets, either in test or, more worryingly, live mode.  The problem has existed for a number of years in my setup, but is frustrating and has caused me some (financial) issues as I haven't realised that some bets have been placed due to them not showing up in mfp.

So far I have done these suggested solutions, none of which have resolved the problem:

1-reinstalled the latest version of mfp  (using run as administrator)
2-created a brand new profile, not a clone (problem occurs on new profile as soon as you launch it)
3-ensured that market feeder and the trigger editor are in the Data Execution Prevention exclusion list on the computer.

Do you have any clues Oxa as to what is causing it, or is it so rare that it's just an unlucky few people who are experiencing it.

Here's a link to 2 previous topics where other people have encountered this error:

https://community.welldonesoft.com/troubleshooting-8/error-logging/

https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-troubleshooting/'unable-to-start-logging-system-change-port-number'-error-message/

• All members
Re: "unable to start logging system" any known fixes?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2018, 10:24 »
So I've found another topic covering this error message:

https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-troubleshooting/what-this/

i have deleted all log files as recommended in the above topic, to no avail unfortunately.

In the topic, Oxa talks about this being a service host process conflicting with mfp somehow.  My question is, how do I find out which one of these (many) service host processes is the culprit?

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2018, 14:54 »
Hello!

You need to find out which process or service is listening to the ports 19004 and onwards (19005, 19006 etc.). To do this, you might follow the advice given in this or similar articles that can be googled with the keywords "how to find the process that is listening to a port".

You can also try and change the port number in the profile settings. To do this, navigate down to the settings file which is located here:

c:\Users\%username%\MarketFeeder Pro 8\profiles\%profile name%\settings.ini

Open the file in a text editor, such as Notepad, locate the "[General]" section and insert the line
 LoggerPort=1025 
under the section name (see the screenshot attached).

Note: you will have then change this port in each settings profile you are going to use, and each port number must be different from another, i.e. 1026, 1027 etc.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2018, 09:44 »
Thanks for the detailed help Oxa

I used your method of using a seperate port number for each instance by adding it to each settings file, and that has sorted things. 

Hopefully this topic will be of use to anybody else who encounters this problem.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2018, 08:26 »
So glad to hear that, thanks for posting back!
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE