Author Topic: "Unable to start logging system change port number"...error message  (Read 2662 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
I keep getting this after mf pro crashes or stops working, which seems to happen quite a lote when i run multiple platforms, with loads of triggers. When i restart i always get unable to start logging system. it has happened on all versions of V8 including the latest, but i have not tried the new beta version yet.

restarting the pc is the only way of getting it back, but i am finding i have to restart the pc every few hours to get through the trading day.  :'(

Any ideas on how to solve this guys?  :o
cheers  ;D
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
I guess i am the only person who has had this problem then ? ::)
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
No I get it as well only when I run multiple profiles been like it for months

• All members

Hi bfw
Try opening a new profile using the default settings and then adjust the settings as you want. In other words a new profile but do not clone an existing one.

In that new profile, if you are confident with your trigger, turn off trigger logging in the Betting settings. Log trigger expressions should always be off unless you are testing a formula etc.

The above will not determine the cause of your crashes, but will reduce the heavy load on the system by switching off logging for your triggers, and hopefully add some stability.

If you need to check trigger logs etc. then turn on logging with a reduced number of markets.

...just a suggestion
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
Hey Mark V
your a hero!
I will give this a go, sounds like a plan.......

• Élite
Thanks for that Mark V
All working much better again now after your suggested tweaks
Thanks a mill ;D

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE