Author Topic: 'What if' problem in Time Machine  (Read 2681 times)

Tags:
  • All members
'What if' problem in Time Machine
« on: 13 Mar 2019, 11:57 »
I've just downloaded my first football games in Time Machine but now I'm trying to trade the 'What if' figure is not coming up automatically. The box is checked but the figure only comes up if I uncheck and check it again when I'm setting my stake. 

When I downloaded the matches I did it in Engineering Mode but that's too busy for me and I'm trying to trade in basic. I don't know if that's anything to do with the problem. 

Can anyone help with this?

• All members
Re: 'What if' problem in Time Machine
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2019, 12:27 »
It turns out I can't even get a bet in the market. It says the bet is placed in the pop up bubble but nothing shows up either on the P/L figures or in the right hand boxes.

I've tried to reset the database in TM but I just get an error message, and I've reinstalled it completely. No change.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2019, 12:45 »
Sorted.

I reinstalled TM remembering to delete the document files this time. :)

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2019, 11:41 »
Hello!

The reason for your bets not being placed should be recorded in the Program Log, please check it now.

Make sure you have actually started Time Machine and the market is refreshing. Here is a getting-started video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr8Vf-dRliI

The log-in interface in the video is outdated, but the rest of it gives you an idea of how to operate Time Machine.

The trade-out button is currently only available in Engineer Mode.

You can also trade out automatically using the Auto-Greenup interface.

Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2019, 12:58 »
Oh! I hadn't even thought about the TM not actually running being the problem. Duh! It probably wasn't. ::)

I did have it in engineer more for the Trade Out button but I can live without it, I'd rather have the simpler interface and use other options for greening.

I traded a match yesterday and all went well. I'm still learning the details but the manuals/videos will help greatly with that. I'm very happy overall, and I'll be happier still when I get more familiar with it and stop making newbie mistakes! ;D

Thanks for the link and info :)

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2019, 21:02 »
Thanks for your feedback!

What exactly do you find complicated with the Engineer Mode by the way? Does the table with cells look daunting?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2019, 09:31 »
Daunting, yes! Haha... I looked and thought Jeez, I have no idea what to do with all that!! :o

I'm not sure what I was expecting. My impression was that it would be useful to someone doing something rather more sophisticated than my efforts, presumably automated trading.

But that's all a bit too much for me, I'm quite happy to trade games live. I subscribed to Marketfeeder so that I could use the TM and test some theories, practise some trading ideas that are a bit complicated, watch price movement, get ideas, and so on. I think engineering mode might have too many bells and whistles for my needs.

Obviously having a layout that is immediately familiar helps with all that as well. Maybe I'll move on in the future and explore possibilities but for now I'm still at basic. :)

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2019, 13:15 »
But you have the same basic tools (e.g. betting buttons, graphs, etc.) in Engineer Mode, plus the trade-out button, which I use all the time if I need to quickly close a bet.

Maybe this video will help you get to grips with different market modes in MF Pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udSHIHOJ1XU

You do not need to use the formula cells if you don't want to -- they're just an option.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE