Author Topic: abnormal program termination  (Read 1839 times)

Tags:
  • All members
abnormal program termination
« on: 21 Nov 2018, 17:58 »
Hello,
Im using no triggers but only the described method in this thread:
https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-triggered-betting/exporting-many-markets-data-to-one-excel-sheet-this-is-done!/

Im getting abnormal program termination.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

• Élite
Re: abnormal program termination
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2018, 18:13 »
hi
ok , you used posts from 2010 , very old version of mfp.
please start from the beginning .
what is happening and when
what version are you using
are you using live , test mode or time machine 

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2018, 18:39 »
im using this post because i cant find another way to write all monitored selections and their prices to excel and update the prices every 1 sec.

from time to time, random, like every 30 min to 1 hour, im getting an error "abnormal program termination".
mfp ver 8.7.2.5

test mode but no bets are placed, i just need all the greyhounds prices to excel and as i said, updated every 1 sec until the start of the race.
for personal use only.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2018, 19:21 »
hi
sorry I must point out that betfair does not like what you are doing and they might be restricting your account.
if there is an error then I need to see your program log for the time there was an error.
if you are using mfp live/test mode , then it could be a memory/cpu overload , you need to check your computer cpu and memory use at about 25 minutes plus ( open your computer task manager to check ) to see where the problem is.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2018, 19:41 »
Hello,
The error is fatal (closes the program) and the program logs are clear.
I have 40g ram and one of the best desktop processors so I dont think thats the issue but i will still check it.

The problem appeared when i started to do whats described here
https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-triggered-betting/exporting-many-markets-data-to-one-excel-sheet-this-is-done!/

before that everything was okay.
thanks

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2018, 20:06 »
hi
ok thank you for the information.
this needs to go to tech staff , I will inform them.

mcbee

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2018, 21:09 »
Hello!

im using this post because i cant find another way to write all monitored selections and their prices to excel and update the prices every 1 sec

I'm sorry, but this is directly forbidden by BetFair's T&C. You cannot record live prices into a text file or Excel or anywhere else. This will be qualified as "commercial usage" with potential suspension of your account.

Further to this, please note that MF Pro communicates with Excel via the OLE interface which, given the amount of data you are exchanging, is not capable of maintaining the frequency of 1 sec. We always recommend to keep the frequency down to 2 sec or slower when working with Excel.

Consider exporting to a text file if you do not need the Excel functionality explicitly.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 22 Nov 2018, 12:55 »
thanks for all the information provided. im using the data for personal and testing purposes but you are right that they wont like it. i am going to change the strategy. thanks again

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE