Author Topic: any body help??  (Read 7260 times)

Tags:
  • All members
any body help??
« on: 03 Feb 2013, 10:40 »
hi i have MFP set up with a betting bot, the trouble i am having is everytime i am not on my computer the trigger does not activate (which obviously beats the whole point )!!

often if i shut my computer down when i come back to MFP the markets selected in 'my markets' are no longer on as if they have been wiped off meaning i have to search markets again and again no bets have been placed while i haven't been on the comp!!

I even tried just putting my comp on to sleep mode but when i came back on to MFP my markets were selected but my trigger is based on timing in running on soccer matches and the time had only kicked in when i signed back on to MFP meaning it was all out of sync and again rendering the trigger useless??

any body who could help would be regarded as a god in my eyes as it is really stressing me out at the minute

thanks

• All members
Re: any body help??
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2013, 12:51 »
also another one has anyone else noticed that the odds shown on MFP are signifacantly lower than are shown on the actual betfair site? does this mean you get your bets matched lower? and why is this

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 03 Feb 2013, 14:23 »
Moved to MF thread
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2013, 14:25 »
You have to keep your computer and MF running and markets refreshing if you need the program interact with the exchange.

also another one has anyone else noticed that the odds shown on MFP are signifacantly lower than are shown on the actual betfair site? does this mean you get your bets matched lower? and why is this
http://community.welldonesoft.com/troubleshooting-8/difference-in-odds-between-web-and-api/
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2013, 23:18 »
PMSL, where do you think the program is running if the computer you installed it on is shut down?   ;D ??? :P

I'm so pleased I'm not running a software business.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 04 Feb 2013, 18:36 »
 ::) ::)    I have  been corrected already on that one i am new to the whole thing and not the most technical of folk in the first place, it does make sense when ya think about it i just assumed that it ran its self automatically on line. as for the difference in odds why is this?   the link sent from admin doesn't really answer it for me? the thing is my trigger is set up for a certain point in a match but also at certain odds and the shorter odds are making it not pick up on a lot of events and when i do get events matched they are often at considerably lower odds than if i had stuck the bet on through betfair making a difference to overall P/L. i have it set up on test mode but i have noticed the difference when i turn test mode off.

as i say i am new to this so none sarcastic and helpfull answers would be much appreciated

thanks

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 04 Feb 2013, 19:10 »
You will have to read the link already provided to you and make an effort to understand it.

http://bdp.betfair.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=143&Itemid=108

It explains the "difference" in prices which are shown on the Betfair site and those shown by some types of software.

Alternatively, don't worry about the prices on the Betfair site and forget them. Just use MFP and accept that it works properly.

« Reply #7 on: 04 Feb 2013, 19:14 »
Hi
Have a look at Settings > Monitoring Options > Market Refresh > Display prices exactly as they are on Betfair website. It may be possible though this setting makes no difference, as I recollect there was some problem with this setting a while back.

Another thought is that if you are monitoring a market which has decreasing prices, and your refresh rate is quicker than the Betfair site refresh, you will see lower prices in MFP before you see them on the website.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #8 on: 05 Feb 2013, 08:39 »
Hi
There is a link in the manual at the description of the setting I mentioned above.
I think it explains better the API/web price difference:
http://bdp.betfair.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=242&Itemid=68
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 05 Feb 2013, 09:53 »
thanks everyone!! think i'm getting there slowly

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 24 Nov 2013, 18:46 »
Hi Alec, how is it doing so far for you? I was wondering if you were able to set this up.
We only live once.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE