Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by markoone11 on 10 Sep 2018
  • OK, I have joined a Laying service, and I receive the selections by email. Against each horse is the price at the time of sending.
    So, if I have the following

18.15 Chelmsford - Fognini (1.92)
    18.45 Chelmsford - Missy Mischief (1.71)

Is it possible to ask for 1.92 and 1.71 on these 2 horses via a trigger?

Thanks

Mark.
  • #2 by mcbee on 10 Sep 2018
  • hi
    you would have to change the   18.15 Chelmsford - Fognini (1.92)   to
    Fognini    1.92    (the space is tab)
    you then import the selections and have a lay trigger with an action    lay  price import_1  amount (your set amount) 

mcbee
  • #3 by markoone11 on 10 Sep 2018
  • Hi mcbee,

Thanks for the response.

I haven't actually previously used the import selections. Is there an option to auto load these, when opening the profile?

On the same subject, I am wanting to lay to liability, and my usual trick, if I am not using Lay at SP, is LiabilityAmount/(lay_price - 1), so, if I were to use LiabilityAmount(import_1 - 1), will that work?

Thanks

Mark.
  • #4 by mcbee on 11 Sep 2018
  • hi
    after starting the profile select Import selections for auto trading and it will load all the matching selection , you can set it to reimport every x seconds .
    as for laying to liability type (your set amount or variable)/(imported_1-1) in the amount box , do not change the price leave it as import_1

mcbee
  • #5 by markoone11 on 11 Sep 2018
  • Hi,

I attempted to use the import selections, where I add in the price I want after a tab, but, from the image, you can see that it hasn't worked out. I had to do it manually.

Can anybody see any errors on my part?

Thanks

Mark.
  • #6 by markoone11 on 11 Sep 2018
  • Ahhh, I found what the problem is....

I was using your first reply, which says import_1, but looking at your second response, it is imported_1

The selections' race time had already passed, but, just as a test, I changed import_1 to imported_1, and asked for a very low price, which would not get matched, and it worked as hoped.

Thanks again for your help

Mark.
  • #7 by markoone11 on 11 Sep 2018
  • I now have another question, related to this...

As you may have noticed, I am using a trigger to cancel the lay if it hasnt been matched at the asked for price. I then go on to place a lay at SP....

There has been a revision to the selections bet criteria, see below..

3.45 Leicester - Equilateral (1.63) Lay up to 1.9
    * Lay up to  - If the lay price exceeds the quoted odds then its a no bet.

So, my thinking is that I can lay it, asking for imported_1, and then, at a few seconds before the scheduled race takes off, if the lay bet has not been matched, I can then use a lay at SP, with a price limit of imported_2, with my standard liability amount.

Will this work?

If so, then, how many imported_x values can I use?

Thanks

Mark.

• #8 by mcbee on 11 Sep 2018
  • hi
    sorry my laptop crashed this morning and it will not restart due to the cpu failing so i have no triggers or info , i am using a very slow old laptop , all i can say is try imported_1 then 2 etc to see what happens.

mcbee
  • #9 by markoone11 on 11 Sep 2018
  • hi mcbee,

Really sorry to read about your laptop failing, for me this is probably the worst thing that could happen, bar none. I hope you can get a replacement CPU to fix this, and hope this doesn't mean you have to get a new laptop.

I decided to do that anyway, and I now have a number of different strategies using the same import file, and my triggers look for a specific value in imported_5, specific to that strategy.

I wish I had known about this, or should I say I wish I had tried this previously. My triggers would have been easier, so many more things I can do now that I have this 'new' ability. I could never get the little acorns system trigger to work as it relied on getting updated stake values from excel. I can now have an imported file with tabbed values, and I can update the file upon a win/loss, with the updated stake.

So, your suggestion to use imported_x values, has had a compounding good effect

I wish you well with your laptop woes

Thanks

Mark.
Pages:
Actions