Author Topic: Australian problem or my problem?  (Read 1656 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Australian problem or my problem?
« on: 06 Sep 2017, 00:06 »
Apparently the recent typhoon in south-east Asia caused damage to a vital undersea cable which has affected internet access to Australia. Speeds have been reduced substantially, and this seems to have rendered my MFP triggers totally useless since that time.

My triggers comprise accessing an excel worksheet, performing calculations within the spreadsheet to find my selections, and then placing bets through the trigger.

To me it does not seem too complicated (although I need to "write to excel" with the prices), but any delays in internet speeds mean that calculations are made slowly, and the bets are not placed.

I am willing to consider that it might be my computer (although everything was working well last week before the weather event in s-e asia), and I have altered my settings to allow more time for the calculations to be made and submitted to the trigger, but bets are still missed.

The timer in the right hand corner of the MFP field sheets sometimes shows the idle timings to be 20 secs plus, and sometimes less. 

My question is: Are other Australians using MFP having internet problems like mine ?

Can anyone suggest some tests I might perform to see if it is my computer or something more sinister?

Thanks as always,

bobh

• Administrator
Re: Australian problem or my problem?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2017, 08:11 »
Hello!

Can you please attach the screenshot of your Connection Monitor (within MF Pro) after a few minutes of refreshing?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2017, 13:11 »
Thanks Oxa,

I will do that on Saturday when  Australian Betfair internet activity will be at its highest. I haven't tried to use MFP for the last three days as idle refresh was too high to be of any use for my triggers. My setting for idle refresh is 2 secs.

Hopefully, the problem will have fixed itself in the meantime, but I will let you know.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2017, 01:11 »
Oxa,

I could not use MFP for at least 6 days due to slow response times, but it seems to have rectified itself now. Whatever the reason, all seems to be OK, and response times have been returned to normal.

bobh

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE