Author Topic: BetFair API Issues - Failure to place small bets (renamed from AUTO-DUTCHING)  (Read 58358 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
hi oxa
yes other bots are having problems.
bets showing as been placed and profit/loss updated, only to find when checking at betfair there were no bets placed.
loads of unmatched bets left as unmatched etc
but because of the mixed problems, it is only been noticed randomly
so only a few bot user's are complaining

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Don't know if it's linked or not, but like I've said several times, MFP 6.5 will not only not fire any triggers, it now does not even load properly, I get a hanging screen with barely no information on it apart from my username, no balance, no markets, the whole screen is almost blank, but this has only started playing up since last wednesday, I can log in to my account on the site and using Fairbot, this is a MFP problem...

• Administrator
Demon, there has just been an update of MF7, if you want to check it out.

http://community.welldonesoft.com/announcements-1/version-7-0-0-44/

I'm going to fix what is fixable in V6 in a short time.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Ok, will have to take the plunge with version 7...

Just been playing around with Fairbot at multiple bets under £2 and found it will only place 4 or 5 bets in one go, despite selecting all 10, I also noticed it would NOT allow "keep" bets that were placed before the off to run in play, they were all marked as cancel at in play (despite me selecting the keep option) but when I placed bets OVER £2 they were allowed to be kept in running, this was never previously the case, any amount could be kept in play...

• All members
Similar problems are being reported on other software forums. It is highly likely that the "problems" have been caused by Betfair rather than any failures of any of the types of software.

It takes three bets to place a bet below the minimum Betfair limit, each of which needs to be matched in order to achieve the desired result. One simple solution is never to bet less than the minimum unless one is placing a bet as part of the "greening" process.

• Administrator
Mcbee, demon, nigel - thanks for letting me know about the other bots. So at least I know it's not something in my code only.

I have made some tests today, been betting both on the back and lay side in quite a few Greyhound and horse races. It seems like you can place up to 5 bets consistently. Sometimes 6. But never 7 or more in one go.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
I think this is an intentional ploy by Betfair to deter people betting under the minimum...

The reason many of my bets were under £2 is because of the huge liability on the lay side of selections in the 100's (up to 1000) odds, meaning I would need a £4k bank based on my staking percentages...

I also find it useful when testing new strategies and going live for the first time...

• All members
Hi Demon i to think betfair have done this on purpose as i have been waiting 3 days for a reply from their support and dont think they are interested in repying

• All members
You shouldn't be placing bets below the minimum, so I would be careful what you tell them in any emails.   I suspect that the authorised software developers will be forced to remove small bets from their products.

• All members
Yes I agree.
What are you thinking complaining about something that is against their policy???

Don't abuse the option else we will all end up having no option to 'allow small bets'

Wake up !!!

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Administrator
I'd second rubold's warning: I myself never mention betting below the minimum to BetFair. Of course they are aware that we and other bots provide this option but we all kind of pretend this is not true.

Today's update: still not a word from BetFair! Normally they respond within a couple of hours. I'm now suspicious that that they indeed avoid this topic on purpose. But how would this explain their silence regarding the failure to bet at prices 9.2 and 8.2? This has nothing to do with small bets and it is a serious API bug.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
I never mention betting below the minimum my email was also about the 9.2 issue and i have had no reply either

• All members
I think that Betfair are happy to allow small bets if they form part of the "greening" process and don't think they will act against the manufacturers.

I have noticed recently that if a football bet was not fully matched first time, and the amount unmatched was below the minimum £ 2, that bet would not be fully matched at any time and an error message was seen. In order to place another bet I had to increase the "unmatched amount" to more than £ 2. This was not the case before, I'm sure.

I think we have a concerted effort by Betfair to reduce the number of bets placed below the minimum amount and this is causing people to complain unfairly to the manufacturers of the software. This has been further complicated by the erratic behaviour of the API over the last week.

The software developers have my deepest sympathy.

• Élite
My guess for the reason of our problem is cross matching.

Betfair earns additional money with cross matching, and it so it is comprehensible to run as many markets with cross matching as possible. As the math behind cross matching is complecated and needs more CPU power on Betfair's servers, auto-dutching adds big amount of CPU usage to the servers if cross matching is enabled.

Betfair checks accounts with many bets below the limit for fraudulent activity. Some month ago, Betfair has checked my account, but there was no frautulend activity, approximately 15% of my bets are below minimum because of limited liability and lay bets  at high odds.

I changed some parameters of my triggers to cope the latest API problems.

Greenout parameters are now less exact, now trigger considers greenout completed, if P/L difference of all selections is at most 2 (and not 0,1 as before) .

Liability is increased, 2 or 3 times as before, but activity is limited to markets where I expect big profit.

With these to actions, the number of bets below minimum are very small, I had no problem with a flood of "bad" bets since saturday.

Maybe Betfair does not respond your support request, because they are not sure if they should limit cross matching to dedicated markets..........................

Hi
On the 9.2 issue as I mentioned earlier, I can successfully change a bet from 9.0 to 9.2 using another API application (GT) but not in MFP. Although this points to the 9.2 problem being specific to MFP, it is not conclusive. Can anyone with another API application confirm this?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE