Author Topic: BetFair API Issues - Failure to place small bets (renamed from AUTO-DUTCHING)  (Read 58372 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Nigel, thanks for your understanding!

Martin, your hypothesis is very interesting, but surely making something work unstably is not the best way to limit it? Isn't it a blow to their reputation? I would rather issue some announcement or warning than return random error messages.

Mark (and the others), it seems like the problem with the prices 9.2 and 8.2 is fixed. At least the error is gone at the moment. Not sure if it will reappear later, but this could be the sign of someone up there taking some action finally!
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Thanks Oxa - yes confirmed 9.2 / 8.2 problem is gone.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
UPDATE

Just got this from BetFair:

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

The issue was caused by a defect introduced by a recent API release.

The defect resulted in the INVALID_PRICE error when a bet was updated to any of the following values.

2.26, 2.28, 2.3, 2.32, 4.1, 4.6, 5.1, 8.2 and 9.2.

The release that introduced this defect has now been rolled back. We have fixed the issue and will make the release again later this week.

Excellent news! It seems like the previous problems are now sorted!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

you deserve a beer - thanks
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
cheers thanks for your help the support has been 1st class and thanks for everyones input on the forum

• Administrator
MarkV, kind of early for a beer. :)

Coling and demon, I know you're using MF6 instead of V7, so I think once they re-introduce the recent release the changes they've made will affect you.

So I'm still going to do an update to V6 and let you know in this topic.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Well that's good news, although we shouldn't hold our breath until they roll out the updated upgrade at the end of the week...

I think some bot users are probably over doing the small bets as when I am laying at high prices especially at odds of 1000, my 72 pence will often get between 20 and 50 different matches in play, of others backing between 1p and 3p  :o

• Élite
Martin, your hypothesis is very interesting, but surely making something work unstably is not the best way to limit it? Isn't it a blow to their reputation? I would rather issue some announcement or warning than return random error messages.

You are right, my idea was not that Betfair made API unstable on porpose, but because of a wrong - estimation of the impact of cross matching after switching many markets to a new matching algorithm.

I am glad the problem is solved now.

I hope there is an information from Betfair, when the want to try the rollout again! There are Oscar Awards sunday night, a dozen of crazy markets with loads of opportunities, do not want to miss this action.

• All members
The critical error message is back for multiple bets under the minimum and the ones that are placed can not be carried over to the in-play market...

• All members
must have tried the new roll out again gutted

• Élite
hi
yes the same reports and complaints are back on the other bot forums
betfair must have changed something again

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
They must be making a concerted effort to minimize the number of small bets, without actually preventing them completely.  Since a small bet requires 3 separate transactions, there must be considerable overload on their servers, when too many are submitted at once.

• Élite
hi
i think that the multi bet problem is still here.
i have been altering my triggers and they sent out 6 bets all below the limit and they all froze, i was left with 6 times 2.00 euro at 1000.00 odds and 6 at my set odds.
lucky none were matched before the off and got canceled
but if only 1 or 2 bets go out it is ok.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
I do think that the days of small bets on BF are numbered.   They seem to have implemented a system that will still allow 1 or 2 small bets that you may need for hedging a position, but stopped the wholesale acceptance of many simultaneous ones.  The fact, as was reported,  that the unmatched small bets will not keep in play is further evidence of this policy.  

• Administrator
Checking on this...

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE