Author Topic: BetFair API Issues - Failure to place small bets (renamed from AUTO-DUTCHING)  (Read 58369 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
It is not related to betting below the minimum. It is a critical API error message that pops up any time you're trying to update several bets at a time (more than 6 I think). The sizes of these bets do not matter.

This is in fact unacceptable and must be fixed. I emailed to BF support and attached all relevant logs. Let's hope they'll be back in a reasonable time.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Administrator
This is what I got from BetFair in response to my inquiry:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The BBM_DAEMON_NOT_AVAILABLE occurs for the same reason as the  EXPOSURE_CALCULATION_IN_PROGRESS error i.e. if a user attempts to update a large number of existing bets while close to their available to bet balance.

We can change the BBM_DAEMON_NOT_AVAILABLE error code to EXPOSURE_CALCULATION_IN_PROGRESS if this will help with your software's error reporting?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could anyone who's getting this error consistently confirm that this is the case? Or disprove it (then obviously I'll e-mail them again).

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
Where should I search for these errors?

In MFPro Ver 6 error logfile, and MFPro Ver 7 action logile, I cannot see these errors.

I only have some "cannot get funds" (Sorry, cannot not remember wording exactly) errors in the logfiles. Usually during the night, when my internet connection is slow.

I limited the number bets send at once to 4, no problem with uncancelled 1.01 lay or 1000 back bets.

• All members
Having just gone live on to version 7, I reduced my bank to £100 in case I'd made any errors to limit my maximum loss and could not understand why my green up bets in play where getting submitted in some races and not others, I've now realised these lay bets would have exceeded the liability of my bank had they been stand alone bets but they were only submitted on selections that had a matched back bet, giving far in excess the necessary funds for it to be matched.

It seems that Betfair are not taking in to account the profit already made on that selection should it win, due to the matched back bet?

Perhaps this is in the case of a dead heat?

I've increased my bank to £500 today to cover the maximum liability and just hope it works okay...  :-\

Martin, how did you limit the number of bets sent at any one time to 4?

• Élite
hi
today my bots backed 4 and 5 multiple bets with no problems.
so it must be above 5 bets the gets the error.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
Martin, how did you limit the number of bets sent at any one time to 4?

There are 2 ways to limit the number of bets which are sent at once:

1.) In the condition of back or lay action, add in the last line:

matching_number is less than 5

If number of selections which match all previous conditions is greater or equal 5, trigger does nothing.

2.) In the condition of back or lay action, add in the last line:

match_4_sel_index is greater or equal then sel_index
or
matching_number is less than 5

If number of selections which match all previous conditions is greater or equal 5, trigger only does the action for the first 4 selections. You need the matching_number condition if market has less than 5 mathing selections, because match_4_sel_index is 0 if there are less than 5 matching selections.

• All members
Hi im learning to live with it you can bet up to six bets at once below the minimum so any unmatched bets above this i have to put in manually, its ok if your are home all day like i am but not a lot of good if you want to leave it running while at work, i dont bet in play and i assume it must be a nightmare for people who do.

• All members
Ah, I thought you meant the bets could be staggered in max blocks of 4, if there were 4 or more matching selections...

(in reply to Martin)

• All members
On the point of it only happening when your are near your available to bet balance , that is untrue i have a balance of over 5k and have my dutching set to lose max 500 and never get anywhere near that

• Administrator
On the point of it only happening when your are near your available to bet balance , that is untrue i have a balance of over 5k and have my dutching set to lose max 500 and never get anywhere near that

OK, I will quote this in my next e-mail to BF support.
Again, this is not in any way related to betting below the minimum. You could get this error if you were updating your existing bets to new prices for example.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
Ah, I thought you meant the bets could be staggered in max blocks of 4, if there were 4 or more matching selections...

(in reply to Martin)

If need to repeat the trigger. But the trigger must be suitable for repetitions, i.e. if there is a condition to limit liability or number of unmatched bets, this match_*****_conditions  actually staggers the bets.

T

• Administrator

I already tried that and it doesn't help. Even waiting for several seconds between batches of bets doesn't make any difference error-wise.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
An update from BetFair:

We are currently investigating ways to reduce the number of instances of (BBM_DAEMON_NOT_AVAILABLE/EXPOSURE_CALCULATION_IN_PROGRESS) errors.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
An update from BetFair:

We are currently investigating ways to reduce the number of instances of (BBM_DAEMON_NOT_AVAILABLE/EXPOSURE_CALCULATION_IN_PROGRESS) errors.

LOL, what they really mean is:  "We have made a monumental cock-up of the latest API release and are desperately trying to correct this, without admitting responsibility or blaming our astonishingly well paid IT and systems teams"

• Administrator
LOL, what they really mean is:  "We have made a monumental cock-up of the latest API release and are desperately trying to correct this, without admitting responsibility or blaming our astonishingly well paid IT and systems teams"

<Sigh>... We all do that sometimes rubold. Don't judge too hard.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE