Author Topic: BetFair API Issues - Failure to place small bets (renamed from AUTO-DUTCHING)  (Read 58362 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Is anyone having problems with auto dutching today it isnt working properly have had to turn market pro off to stop further losses it is firing in stupid prices for example the lay price is 140, instead of laying at that it is leaving an unmatched lay with a price of 5.9, its happening on every market. Ive been runnuing it fine for over a year and havent changed any settings, its a nightmare today massive losses because of it.
Cheers Colin

• Élite
Re: AUTO DUTCHING
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2013, 14:32 »
hi
it seems like betfair has problems
i use another bot forum and there are few user's saying lots of bets not been placed/matched and the ones that are matched just happen to be loser's

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2013, 17:40 »
Just came on to see if this was happening to anyone else, I happened to be in today and am hugely relieved that I was able to cancel loads of bets that made no sense, wrong odds and wrong amounts? totally baffled to what is going on ???

I thought it was my version (6.5) of MFP, it's now not placing ANY bets? I've lost money but it could have been much worse, I'm working thu/fri and daren't run it if I'm not here...

HOW can this happen?  :o

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2013, 17:46 »
I've been able to spread losses with a manual bot (Fairbot) which didn't have any trouble, so it seems to be MFP and I've just done a couple of manual trades with fairbot which where fine, I can't get MFP to fire at all?

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2013, 17:48 »
Same as me darent leave it running was also in all day luckily odds were way out the lay price on one was actually 140 but bot fired the lay bet in at odd of 5.9 so unmatched, happened all day long nightmare, if i wouldnt of been in would have lost 100s.
Colin

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2013, 17:57 »
I'm surprised more aren't on here, which makes me think it's not everyone?

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2013, 18:01 »
i also use version 6.5 but surely cant be that its been fine for over ayear.

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2013, 19:57 »
hi
i have been monitoring markets all day and expecting bets to be made.
BUT only a few were made.
i have just noticed that for some reason most markets were NOT refreshing after the loading of the markets, they refreshed then some just hung
i have looked the the last 3 races for kempton and the 7:30 and 8:30 were refreshing but the 8:00 was showing idle and refreshing but the market volume was stuck at 1700, so i reloaded it and all is ok.
maybe betfair didn't switch something on earlier in the day
there have been complaints on other forums about the greyhound races, bets were sent out below the limit and stuck at 1000,00 odds with no other price taken by betfair.

mcbee

just had to reload the 8:30 as the market volume was not updating
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 13 Feb 2013, 20:19 »
I also had double bets made at odds of 1.01 on the lay and 1000 on the back side, mixed in with some correct bets on these selections and some amounts and prices that made no sense at all? My bank could have been wiped out had I let them stand, very worried about letting MFP go without me being here...

Don't know what to do...  :(

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2013, 08:30 »
Same again for me today cant use the software at the moment.

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 14 Feb 2013, 08:55 »
hi all
CAN YOU GIVE MORE INFO PLEASE.
in the past betfair has altered the way the api and results service gives and receives info with bots,BUT they failed to notify the bot programmers about the change, it was only through user's complaining that the programmers found out about the changes,
so if we give info on markets etc then welldone staff can check the problems and quickly make adjustments.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 14 Feb 2013, 09:18 »
Ive sent a copy of program logs for yesterday to support.as i said yesterday the dutching was firing the correct stake with the wrong price a price of 140 was fired in as a lay bet of 5.9 this was happening on at least 2 selections in every race, backing was exactly the same, been using this system for two years without any problems until yesterday and its the same today, luckily the bets today were at leicester which has been abandoned so no harm done.
Colin

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 14 Feb 2013, 09:23 »
sorry forgot to say i am using version 6.5 jsst fined it less complicated for what i need it for.

• Élite
« Reply #13 on: 14 Feb 2013, 11:52 »
hi
betfair must have altered something or it is an API fault
some other bots normally send out 1000.00 odds and the lower set odds to bet below the limit, the bot then cancels the 1000.00 odds,BUT yesterday and today the 1000.00 odds are not been canceled they are there until the start of the race (greyhounds), the ausy markets are working as normal

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 14 Feb 2013, 11:54 »
A lot of the lay odds of 1.01 arent being cancelled either.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE