Author Topic: BetFair API Issues - Failure to place small bets (renamed from AUTO-DUTCHING)  (Read 58346 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: AUTO DUTCHING
« Reply #15 on: 14 Feb 2013, 13:35 »
Surely im not the only one having problems just layed a horse at 3.2 instead of 95 so obviously unmatched

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 14 Feb 2013, 15:09 »
On the betfair forum other api products are struggling one of them has created a fix that has to be downloaded from their  web site.

• All members
« Reply #17 on: 14 Feb 2013, 17:59 »
Just tried a dutching trigger to see if it was just auto dutching but same results here is some matched bets from my statement:
 19.00 kemp
 IF YOU WHISPERS Odds req 50 odds matched 28
 YOUM JAMUL         Odds req 230 odds matched 34
it is getting the selections mixed up the 50-1 and 230-1 selections are having bets fired in at 28-1 and 34-1 there fore staying unmatched
19.30 kemp
 DR FINLY              Odds req 95 odds matched 46
 prince of p                           75                      20
 office incase                         50                      12
same again 95-1 75-1 and 50-1 bets unmatched as they have bets at 46-1 20-1 and 12-1 fired in.

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 14 Feb 2013, 18:51 »
Hi all,

Have been testing some markets today but didn't spot anything until read the tickets and this topic.

I'm on this right now. Could you let me know if only bets below the minimum are not being accepted, or is it the case with all kinds of bets (back and lay)?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #19 on: 14 Feb 2013, 19:00 »
Hi its back dutching and lay dutching for me seems like they are below the minimum thought it was just auto dutching but set a trigger for dutching and that had the same results. tha action log seem to think that the right stake is being put on the right horses but as you can see from above the betfair statement shows that the stakes are being put on the wrong horses for some reason obviously leaving the high priced horses unmatched when laying and visa versa when backing. must be something betfair have done since tuesday as tues was fine with me.tried both 6.5 and 7 versions both the same.
cheers

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 14 Feb 2013, 19:07 »
Just tried placing random bets, inc. below the minimum, but didn't get any wrong placement.

Also refreshing Greyhound races and their volume is getting updated normally.

Hmmm... Anyone to help me reproduce this quickly? Obviously I'm going to persevere, just trying to speed the things up...

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 14 Feb 2013, 19:11 »
Just tried a dutching trigger to see if it was just auto dutching but same results here is some matched bets from my statement:
 19.00 kemp
 IF YOU WHISPERS Odds req 50 odds matched 28
 YOUM JAMUL         Odds req 230 odds matched 34
it is getting the selections mixed up the 50-1 and 230-1 selections are having bets fired in at 28-1 and 34-1 there fore staying unmatched
19.30 kemp
 DR FINLY              Odds req 95 odds matched 46
 prince of p                           75                      20
 office incase                         50                      12
same again 95-1 75-1 and 50-1 bets unmatched as they have bets at 46-1 20-1 and 12-1 fired in.

Coling, please give me more explanations on this. Did the bot place Lay or Back bets? How could they stay unmatched if the extract says "odds matched" and gives the odds at which they were matched?
Were those the selections you bet on or are they completely different, i.e. some other horses in the same race?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
« Reply #22 on: 14 Feb 2013, 20:39 »
hi oxa
yesterday i loaded the horse meetings at about 7:30 am gmt
monitored all markets from that time and my trigger recorded the odds at 11 am gmt
in the evening i checked to see how things were going and noticed a lot of markets did not record the odds.
i deleted all but the ones that had not run, it was then that i noticed the markets were showing as refreshing but nothing was moving volume or odds on a few random markets, when i reloaded them they worked ok.
today has been no problems like that for me.
other bot forums are reporting that bets are been sent out below the limit but the 1.01 and the 1000.00 odds were not canceled as they normally would.
there was a report that the API had problems yesterday and betfair was working on it
the problems are affecting bots in different ways.
i have been betting on greyhounds and horses below the minimum yesterday and today with no problems of bets been matched (lay greyhounds and back horses).

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 14 Feb 2013, 20:56 »
Thank you (as always!) mcbee, that's a very detailed report.

I've been on BF's forum to see what the rumour is and it looks like the API has indeed been faulty starting from Feb 13. That's so strange as out support was working on triggers yesterday and today and didn't notice anything unusual (was it luck??). Perhaps it was happening just for users in some countries.

I myself left MF Pro working overnight in AUS races and in the morning all the markets were settled as usual. Hmmm... :-/

Anyway, I'm going to leave triggers placing bets below minimum working tonight, to see if I can catch any unusual API behaviour and record it. I do very much hope I won't be banned after this!

BTW, should any problem with betting below the minimum arise, we are not even in a position to complain as this kind of betting is strongly discouraged by BetFair. :(

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

« Reply #24 on: 14 Feb 2013, 21:35 »
Hi Oxa
I was on briefly last night, but promptly switched it all off as soon as I was aware of the API problem.

I had connection monitor open and was refreshing one market inplay at 1 sec refresh. The refresh became very erratic and sometimes went as high as 40 seconds. I did do one back and one lay in real mode, but it was very unstable so just closed MFP.

Tonight, on again briefly with no problems.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 15 Feb 2013, 09:12 »
I had connection monitor open and was refreshing one market inplay at 1 sec refresh. The refresh became very erratic and sometimes went as high as 40 seconds. I did do one back and one lay in real mode, but it was very unstable so just closed MFP.

Hi Mark,

I saw other BF users report terrible delays in loading and refreshing markets in other bots. Seems like this didn't happen to the web site, otherwise BF would have commented on this situation.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 15 Feb 2013, 09:30 »
Hi all,

I ran simple triggers which placed two bets below the minimum in each AUS race and then cancelled them.
I'm afraid I didn't spot anything unusual. My logs show no wrong bet placement.

I will keep trying today, but if you're suffering from those API glitches and want to help to resolve this ASAP, you can write to our support. They will send you my special build which keeps a log of the actual BetFair's response to every betting action. If anything goes amiss, I should be able to see it in the logs.

Oh, and I've also started Dutching in UK races. Let's see how it goes.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 15 Feb 2013, 09:42 »
Just got it! Apparently can occur only when placing several bets below the minimum at the same time, and only when laying.

I can see what happened API-wise. They changed the way they respond to updating bets. I'm going to try to fix it today.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #28 on: 15 Feb 2013, 09:48 »
thanks i thought i was going mad.
Colin

• Élite
« Reply #29 on: 15 Feb 2013, 11:05 »
Just got it! Apparently can occur only when placing several bets below the minimum at the same time, and only when laying.

I can see what happened API-wise. They changed the way they respond to updating bets. I'm going to try to fix it today.

Version 6 has troubles with small bets, too!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE