Author Topic: BetFair API Issues - Failure to place small bets (renamed from AUTO-DUTCHING)  (Read 58356 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Re: AUTO DUTCHING
« Reply #30 on: 15 Feb 2013, 11:20 »
Version 6 has troubles with small bets, too!

I know Martin, it does, because it utilizes the same API.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #31 on: 15 Feb 2013, 11:20 »
Hi, only just read this, did not dare use MFP yesterday after the problems I had on wednesday, I was using multiple bets on high odds and these were often below £2, some of these worked okay, some did not, even in the same race, I had back bets as well as lay bets go wrong, some did the correct stake at the right odds, with additional £2 bets at 1.01 (lay) and 1000 (back) on the same selections, while others did not have the correct odds or bet size but did have £2 bets at 1.01 and 1000...

Toward the end of the day (wednesday) my triggers would not fire at all, but as mcbee has said, the market could have been hanging...

I am also on version 6.5.

Sorry, just going to work again, so will not be able to answer any questions until tomorrow...

Hope it can be fixed...

Cheers, Mark

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: 15 Feb 2013, 11:23 »
Attention!

A bizarre thing has just happened: it is possible to back £2 at a price of 9.2, yet when backing (didn't try laying) anything below £2 at the same price, BetFair returns an error "INVALID_PRICE", which is translated as "Price is out of allowable range".

I don't know how this is possible (9.2 is clearly a valid price), I'll see if I can get an explanation from their support without mentioning the betting below the minimum.

Other prices may be rejected as well.

UPDATE:
It does not matter whether a bet is below minimum or not. Just changing any bet's price to 9.2 will generate an error!

UPDATE 2:
It is also impossible to change a bet to the price of 8.2.

I e-mailed BF support several hours ago, so waiting for their comments on this.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
I still haven't heard from BetFair, so the fix is going to be delayed until then.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
I did notice 3 lay bets between odds of 15 and 20 didn't fire either...

• All members
i get the 8.2 and 9.2 problem as well just cant place a bet at those odds

Hi Oxa
I don’t know if this is of any help, but I just tested the 9.2 problem in MFP and another API app (GT)

Place an unmatched back bet at 9.0
Change to 9.2 and submit
Same market

MFP unmatched bet stays as 9.0
GT unmatched bet moves to 9.2
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
MarkV and Coling, I'm puzzled and waiting for some comments from BF. At least it's not happening with my account only.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Ive been trying to struggle on by deleting the unmatched and then laying them one at a time but that means sitting at my computer all day and of course the prices have changed by the time i add the manually, i asked betfair about tne 9.2 and 8.2 problem but i to havent had a reply either

• All members
Hi Coling, I'm not sure why OXA is ignoring me in this conversation, despite using this software for years and using the same unchanged trigger sytem for several months I haven't been able to use MFP since wednesday. I now can't even get ANY trigger to fire on my MFP? Earlier I tried a simple lay at 1.05 on the fav, 0.12 minutes before the start and nothing happened, it's completely dead... ??? :-[

• All members
Hi
it must have been something betfair did on wednesday because i had been using the same trigger for over a year since wednesday its been hopeless.

• Administrator
Hi Coling, I'm not sure why OXA is ignoring me in this conversation, despite using this software for years and using the same unchanged trigger sytem for several months I haven't been able to use MFP since wednesday. I now can't even get ANY trigger to fire on my MFP? Earlier I tried a simple lay at 1.05 on the fav, 0.12 minutes before the start and nothing happened, it's completely dead... ??? :-[

Hi demon,

I'm not ignoring you, sorry, all my messages in this thread are more or less aimed at everyone having problems with small bets. How can I help you personally while you're waiting for the fix?

The program functions as usually in every aspect that does not concern placing multiple bets below the minimum. If your trigger is not working, please check its logs and the settings.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
Just some update. Was testing my fix this morning and got disappointed because the API still returns errors, in particular "BBM_DAEMON_NOT_AVAILABLE", which, according to their documentation, should be interpreted as "The exchange encountered a critical error and was not able to cancel your bet. Your bet was not cancelled."

Very concerned and anxious to find out what the hell is happening, but today is Sunday so I don't think anyone will be available there to return my inquiries.

UPDATE:

I read this on the BetFair Developers website:

BBM_DAEMON_NOT_AVAILABLE is a very serious error with the exchange bet matching engine. If this error is returned, the bet was most likely not placed.

Therefore I rather strongly advice you to withhold from betting until the situation is resolved!
I cannot in any way guarantee the reliability of the bot in these circumstances and there is very little I can do!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Sorry OXA, only just seen this reply, I'm going to download MFP 7 and try to upload my triggers while I wait for the fix, it took me a long time with help from Mcbee and others to get to grips with version 6, I'm only praying version 7 will prove straight forward!  :-\

• Administrator
OK, still never heard from BetFair apart from the question as to what username I log in under!

This is getting ridiculous. I wonder if other bots are having the same problem, i.e. the BBM_DAEMON_NOT_AVAILABLE message if posting more than 5 small bets at a time.

Anyway, just to sort out the obvious bug which I can fix I'm now going to do a release of a new version. Please be aware though that this version will not let you place more than 5 bets below the minimum in one go reliably. This is still something that depends on the BetFair matching engine.
But at least it'll cover those who don't need to place more than 1-2 bets at a time.

Oh yes, and the API error on updating a bet's price to 9.2 or 8.2 is still present. :(

Will update you as soon as I have any news.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE