Author Topic: Auto dutching  (Read 2465 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Auto dutching
« on: 06 Aug 2015, 16:32 »
Has anyone encountered the following error THE MATCHER IS NOT HEALTHY ERROR IN ORDER, It has happened to me today when auto dutching, when I got this error it had placed all the above minimum stakes but anything below the minimum it had put in the bet at 1000 for 2 pounds and hadn't cancelled it and hadn't finished the small bet process, so when I got home I was left with over 100 unmatched bets 1000 for 2 pounds, luckily I got home before the race so was able to trade out manually.Its getting to the point where I daren't leave my computer now. Colin

• Élite
Re: Auto dutching
« Reply #1 on: 07 Aug 2015, 06:14 »
Colin,  sorry, I have no idea what caused the error but there always seems to be work arounds to enable one to leave home with some (but not total faith).

It took me a lot of trials and new problems before I could feel safe(ish),  I do trading mainly so have to protect against lots of things, mainly surrounding bets not being hedged at the start of the race.

I place bets with one platform, then in case that is too busy at the start I use a second platform monitoring less martkets to do the greening up.

Then I run the same green up platform on another laptop a few seconds later in case the first laptop crashes.

I used to use a desktop but now I uses two laptops as they have the battery to back up if the mains fails - but I have to hope the modem/router restarts when the mains power comes back.  I am thinking about getting a UPS for them. 

I have a trigger that deletes bets if there is more than one unmatched bet on a selection to assist when the "number of matched bets" condition not being checked properly due to connection speed, as sometimes happens.

I make sure that the bank cannot go below a level to leave enough cash to green up.

I delete unmatched bets if price has moved away and left a bet stranded away from the market.

Also other things I have put in but cannot even remember.

I still am left exposed if the internet goes down (all my attempts to get a VPS failed as Betfair always said it was outside UK when it wasn't). That happened last Friday and I was lucky as three well priced backs went of unhedged - and won quite a bit! (It sometimes goes the other way though)

If Betfair API goes down I am also knackered!!  (Thankfully less than it used to - fingers crossed).

You can use a trigger to delete unmatched bets, or unmatched bets at 1000, or other things!  (Better to solve the problem though if anyone can help).

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Aug 2015, 08:16 »
Funnily enough I had a problem yesterday where a dutch back trigger was supposed to fire off 3 bets at less than .50pence stakes and it ended up firing off 3 bets at £2 stakes!

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2015, 06:26 »
I hope they won for you. :)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE