Author Topic: Back trigger, fixed price and "Take SP" option clarification please!  (Read 738 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

just seeking clarification on one of the back action options.

A trigger tried to place a bet yesterday as evidenced in the trigger log, but unfortunately the account statement didn't show the bet.
Needless to say it won!

The back bet trigger is "back, fixed price, amount = £4, take SP, no timeout, first matching selection, idle or suspended markets"

That my bet didn't get matched suggests I'm overlooking something.  The amount was £4 so I'm sure there was enough liquidity!

My trigger is submitting the bet 5 mins before the off and hence 5 mins away from BSP.
If it doesn't get matched at the price I've submitted (which happened to be 13.0 yesterday), then I assumed it would take the BSP.
But if I've got a fixed price and amount, does MFP discount the price and just take the £4 at BSP?
Also, does the market type need to include in-play?

Something stopped the bet getting matched and I'm slightly baffled as to what that was.
The back trigger has been working quite happily for the last 3 weeks as far as I can tell.
However, given what happened yesterday I'm now wondering if there are other bets which didn't make it now!

I'm going to modify the trigger for today to use "best" as the price as opposed to the 5 mins before the off price.

Regards

Wez

PS   I have also been having issues with the program log and statement (in test mode)
   I don't have a statement for 2 days this week.  Trigger logs, yes, statement no.

Hi
There is a condition you can use to check if SP is supported:
markets SP is supported

It does sound like you could be having some log / statement file issues. Might be worth clearing out the logs folder in the profile you are using. See in this link:
https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-troubleshooting/viewing-statement-causing-mfpro-to-crash/msg95624/#msg95624
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply.

My triggers are working on GB and IE horse racing so yes SP is supported.
Also, I cleared out all the old logs (and there were lots of them) after reading that post recently.

I would still like to know how MFP deals with "Take SP" as per my first post though!

regards

Wez 

As far as I know it should be exactly as you describe. Unmatched back bet with take sp persistence for £4 Betfair should match £4 at BSP.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE