Author Topic: backing under the £2  (Read 2555 times)

Tags:
backing under the £2
« on: 09 Mar 2015, 01:19 »
hi,

Horse racing, win markets, refresh 0.2.

What is the best way to input back bets under the minimum £2?  I am often blocked by the software or betfair when I manually try on the main screen or the ladder. A trigger can fire in the bets and get past, how can I replicate what the back trigger function does if I need to put in a small back bet.

I need this as I am trialing a trigger live this week, and I need to be able to cover any inaccuracies in it.

Thanks
Larp

• All members
Re: backing under the £2
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2015, 08:21 »
Hi I have no problem putting in bets below the minimum, the only time the software blocks me is when I haven't got allow small bets ticked in settings. I have enable one click betting unticked,so when you press on the selections price you get the box come up where you can adjust the stake yourself, I don't use .2 refresh rate though think you might have difficulties getting matched as the new api isn't as good as the old, cheers Coling

« Reply #2 on: 09 Mar 2015, 08:50 »
Hi,

Thanks Coling. I have Allow Small Bets ticked, also one click betting ticked. Something other than that seems to be blocking it.

It could be refreshing to rapidly I suppose to allow the trick to work. Hopefully someone will know

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 09 Mar 2015, 10:32 »
One hint:

If you enter back bets below 2$, you need funds of 2$ + your stake below 2$, in a worst case scanario 3,99$ per selection. If you apply this strategy in a golf outright market with 150 selections, you may need 300$ additional funds for a couple of seconds.

The reason is:

If you place a back bet with 0.5$ stake, this happens:

1.) MFPro places a back bat 2$ @ 1000
2.) MFPro changes the stake from 2$ to 2.5$ Not 2 Bets are in: 2$ @ 1000 and 0.5$ @ 1000
3.) MFPro cancels bet 2$ @ 1000
4.) MFPro changes bet 0.5$ @1000 to desired odd

I hope this hint is useful to you. You can check the logfile for error messages, too. But I am not sure, if the latest API version shows a useful error message.

p.s.   My keyboard hat no GBP symbol, so I used $ as currency sombol.

« Reply #4 on: 09 Mar 2015, 10:43 »
Hi Martin,

Thank you for that very good explanation. So the trick is to keep a minimum bank of say £10 in reserve for under-the-minimum stakes.

Thanks again
Larp

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 09 Mar 2015, 11:31 »
Yes, you need some extra funds for back bets below 2$. I cannot tell if 10$ is enough, this depends on your markets (how many selections, distribution of odds), your stakes and your strategy. If you keep 2$ extra funds per selection, you are save.

If there are only 5 horses, 10$ is fine in any case.

If you increase your stake, the propability for getting below the 2$ limit is less likely, and you will need less extra funds with higher stakes.

There are rumors about betfair closing accounts when betting below the 2$ limit, so it is a good idea to have some of your bets above the limit.

Martin

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE