Author Topic: Bet Placement  (Read 3243 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Bet Placement
« on: 18 Mar 2015, 19:33 »
I know we now have the option to place bets below the minimum all in one batch, just wondered if anyone knows if bets above the 2 pound minimum are placed in one batch or are submitted one by one especially in dutching, as I am still struggling with far to many unmatched bets, Colin

Re: Bet Placement
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2015, 20:18 »
Hi,

If you are talking about getting matched with a oneclick bet in-running, I agree with you. Lots of unmatched and matching when chance of greenup is gone. Maybe its my server, but I suspect it may well be the API. I have given up the Inrunning for the foreseeable future.

Larp

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2015, 07:52 »
Hi it is definitely the api I have been testing since November on different servers different refresh rates etc and it is nowhere near as good as the old one, I have had to give up my strategies as well, I have contacted betfair but they say there is nothing wrong, I cant really say anything about betting under the minimum to them, which when turned on on the software makes the problem ten times worse. The only thin I domt get is that other people who use in play and fast refresh rates aren't complaining unless they are still in test mose where everything gets matched. cheers Colin

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2015, 09:41 »
Inrunning I can see the amounts trading/available to trade. But I have to go for a few ticks lower or higher than with the old api. Downsizing the trigger files might help you.

Saturdays are a definite no-no for me now too. Like one or two other people I know, I am reverting to punting rather than trading.

larp

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2015, 09:52 »
Have you tried to rent a server which have a location near the betfair servers. I know that finance traders rent servers in the same building (or close) where the stock markets belong.

But most probably the value you have had for some years are now gone, sorry.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2015, 10:06 »
Thanks for that will try it, silly question where are the betfair severs, is it London and if so can anyone recommend a good one cheers Colin

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2015, 10:44 »

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2015, 11:06 »
Maybe someone can trace the route? But even if the servers are placed in Malta, the rout can be thru servers in London I suppose.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2015, 11:21 »
I have also noticed that amount of money traded is much lower than it use to be especially in the week, some horse racing markets only have 6 k matched by 11 oclock that was unheard of last year, I am in a catch 22 situation, I need high volume horse racing markets for my trigger to fire, but when it is high volume it is well documented that the new api is sluggish in high volume markets. :(

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 19 Mar 2015, 11:51 »
I need high volume horse racing markets for my trigger to fire, but when it is high volume it is well documented that the new api is sluggish in high volume markets. :(

Sounds logical to me - High volume markets means many traders which results in high network load. You probably need to change your trigger, have you been trying Larp's ide?

Maybe it's a god ide to develop a new trigger and participate in a trigger battle  ;)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE