Author Topic: Betfair Racetype from MFP  (Read 2143 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Betfair Racetype from MFP
« on: 19 Nov 2015, 16:12 »
Hi,

Not sure how to get this info, but I have a strategy based on the racetype offered by betfair, and the racetypes are shown in MFP when I load in the races. So, for example, Today Wincanton 19th Nov 16:00 has a racetype = "Hcap Hrd", and I would like to know if I can get these racetypes through querying something within MFP logs or whatever storage it has of this in, for for todays races?

Hope I have asked my question properly?

Thanks

Mark.

• All members
Re: Betfair Racetype from MFP
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2015, 16:37 »
use the trigger markets name contains...

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2015, 07:28 »
Hi liltbrockie,
Apologies for my delayed response.

Thanks for your answer.  BUT, to be honest, I didnt give all the information in order to be able to get a response I needed...

What I am hoping for is the above, BUT, get the Racetypes BEFORE the markets start.

I have actually figured out a way to get the Racetype for the markets I want by using the Excel feature and then iterating through worksheets tab created for each race and parsing the data out from each respective races "B1" cell.

so, for example today's racing has a tab called 'query121960945', whose B1 cell contains "Horse Racing / GB / Kemp 23rd Nov / 13:05 Kemp 23rd Nov 2m Nov Hrd"

so I then have to iterate through until I find the racetype, which in this case is "Nov Hrd"

I am hoping for a neater way to get this info because I am sure we could extract the info direct through XML?

ALSO, I am not sure it is appropriate to ask this question here, but, staying with the excel sheet MFP creates (the night before the racing starts), I notice that each sheet creates a number of sections for each horse in the race, but these sections are blank. Is there a way to get the info at this point?

Thanks.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2015, 07:42 »
I have actually figured out a way to get the Racetype for the markets I want by using the Excel feature and then iterating through worksheets tab created for each race and parsing the data out from each respective races "B1" cell.

That's quite a resource consuming solution. You don't need Excel to find a market with a particular pattern in its name. Just see the example attached, with several popular patterns to look for. Just choose the right pattern in the condition.

I notice that each sheet creates a number of sections for each horse in the race, but these sections are blank. Is there a way to get the info at this point?
You probably just need to tick "Get prices on market's loading" in General Options.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE