Author Topic: BSP Betting  (Read 3887 times)

Tags:
  • All members
BSP Betting
« on: 15 Feb 2016, 14:19 »
Hi,

I am so sorry if this question has been answered many times, I just cant seem to find the answer...

I was wondering if it is possible to put into my trigger that I want to bet on the OFF, at BSP?

I currently use toff between 0.1 and 0.25...

I do have more to ask on this subject, like the value of the BSP odds and not placing a bet if it doesn't match the odds - not sure if I am pushing my luck here?

Thanks

Mark.

Re: BSP Betting
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2016, 16:25 »
Hi
If you are placing the bet before the off:
In the Action at In-Play field dropdown select Take SP (default is Cancel)
if the bet is unmatched at the off it is guaranteed to matched at BSP

If you are placing the bet after the off:
In the Price field put: actual_sp
the bet is not guaranteed to be matched
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2016, 21:03 »
Hi MarkV,

I have no idea how to do what you have said?

In the Action at In-Play field dropdown - where is that located?

Where do I set 'In-Play'?

Thanks

Mark

Hi

If you are placing the bet after the off:
In the Price field put: actual_sp
the bet is not guaranteed to be matched

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2016, 08:25 »
Hi
In the Trigger Editor please click where shown in the attached screenshot.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2016, 15:58 »
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I have only just got round to trying this today.

When using the instructions, unfortunately, the bets I used were not placed at Betfair's SP. I set the monitoring option to 0.1, set the Option to Take SP, and used All Except Settled. I noticed that the bet was placed before the actual off, and so, the final BSP was not what my bet was placed at.

I know that the off time is not always the actual allotted time of the race. If I do this through Betfair, I can set my bet to take BSP.

It is not practical for me to use Betfair, because I want to place my bet based on Favourite (Rank = 1) at certain locations, and as the Favourite can change regularly, and so I need MFP to handle this for me, but using the approach above, my bet is placed before the actual off, and so, I may lose the ability to bet on the favourite.

Is it possible to set it up to be purely based on BSP?

Thanks

Mark.

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2016, 21:53 »
Hi
TRIGGER
action: back at SP, price limit: <your price limit>, liability: default_backsp (according to the settings) or <your own liability amount>
selections : favourite
markets: win markets
execute: once per market
market status: all except settled
conditions:
markets SP is supported
and markets minutes before the off is between 0.1 and 0.25

re the earlier post, if you place a back bet before the off at a high back price and specify take SP, it will remain unmatched until the off and then be matched at SP

please use test mode when testing the trigger

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2016, 23:41 »
Thanks for the response..

I think the option of backing at a high price then waiting for SP, seems better...

I do have a problem with this though...

I need the SP to be greater than or equal to 1.2. This can be done direct through betfair - can it be done on MFP?

again, betfair is not practical, because placing my SP on a horse before the off does not guarantee it will be favourite at the off...

Thanks.

Mark.

« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2016, 06:49 »
Hi
Because the BSP is not known until after the off, and your bet is placed before the off, you would need to make an assumption in your trigger using for example near_sp:
and selections trigger expression near_sp is equal or greater than 1.20

as mentioned earlier, the other option is to bet as soon as the market turns in-play at the actual SP, but there is a much higher chance of the bet remaining unmatched:

back
price: actual_sp
first matching selection
in-play
conditions:
selections trigger expression last_order is equal to 1
and selections trigger expression actual_sp is equal or greater than 1.20

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2016, 15:33 »
well, looks like MFP has seriously let me down.

Trying the suggested way to do this, I had to bet on the favourite at BSP, and todays race was 16:20 Beverley, and the favourite indicated by MFP was Airton, and so, the bet was placed on Airton, and yet, the favourite at the time of the off, by BSP was actually Project Bluebook, which WON! Yet, MFP cannot do, what seems like, a simple task of placing a bet on the actual favourite at the off

Other bots are able to do this kind of thing - why not MFP?

Unfortunately, my feedback for MFP has to be negative - it has so many limitations that I have discovered.

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 13 Apr 2016, 19:57 »
hi
and selections actual starting price is the minimum (of all)
this makes sure that the SP price is the first favorites price.
selections trigger expression last_order is equal to 1
this is for the last price check before the in-play/SP, it can and does change when the SP is formed.
Unfortunately, my feedback for MFP has to be negative - it has so many limitations that I have discovered.
mfp is only limited by the user's knowledge.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 13 Apr 2016, 20:41 »
Well, thank you for the answer, I did exactly what you instructed, and - it didn't work.

Given your comment on 'users knowledge', that's fine, but when I do everything as instructed, and not just invent my own ways of doing things, then I can say that the instructions given did not give me what I need.

Simple case of bet on the favourite at BSP, at the off, I would like the ability to limit the odds, to be greater than 1.2, but even if this isn't possible, I just simply want something to bet at BSP at the off on the favourite.

as MarkV has told me:

I tried this, and it didn't work.

I then tried setting the minimum odds to a high value, and use Take SP as the action, this didn't work

I now just set the 'selections trigger expression last_order is equal to 1', in the last race of today - again, this didn't work.

Most of the triggers I use are not really that complicated, but now I need something, which in my honest opinion, shouldn't be too complicated, and yet, its not working.

Thanks

Mark.

« Reply #11 on: 14 Apr 2016, 15:41 »
I tried this, and it didn't work.
I then tried setting the minimum odds to a high value, and use Take SP as the action, this didn't work

There is no reason why the above should not work. If the favourite changes, then you should have a trigger to cancel and refire at the new favourite. This may of course happen more than once pre-race.

Btw the expression last_order applies  the last order before the off, but it cannot be used until the market goes to inplay betting.

MfPro is not Betfair so it cannot know the exact BSP favourite until Betfair restarts the markets after the off suspension. Neither can any other application. There will even be times when two favourites will have the exact same BSP.

Regards
Larp

« Reply #12 on: 14 Apr 2016, 17:12 »
Hi
I did some reading today on this and was unable to source another application that could determine the BSP favourite before the off. Interestingly there was a YouTube vid where a comparison was run using another app as to how close you could get to identifying the BSP fav pre-off. Their conclusion was pretty close, but every now and then the BSP Fav was not the same as the pre-off fav.

I think this is the point where things are not clear-cut, as I understand your preference is to make the bet before the off.

In the trigger above, I was indicating the selection which was the favourite on the last market refresh, just before the market went in-play, i.e. last_order
mcbee has kindly provided a condition to determine the in-play BSP favourite as soon as the market turns in-play

My suggestion would be if you wanted to place the bet pre-off, to follow the Take SP route. This should work, but if you are still struggling, feel free to attach your trigger and I'll be happy to have a look and test it.

or if you wanted to back the BSP favourite in-play, replace the last_order condition with the condition mcbee provided:

back
price: actual_sp
first matching selection
in-play
conditions:
selections actual starting price is the minimum (of all)
and selections actual starting price is equal or greater than 1.20   

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2016, 07:19 »
Hi MarkV,

Thanks for the investigation..

I watched what MFP did yesterday, and it seemed to bet based on how long I set the monitoring up in settings, once the monitoring kicks in, the bet was placed, based on the current favourite, but it didnt place any bets at the off, using BSP - unless I am mistaken in understanding the concept of BSP, and its doing as expected, which will not produce my need.

I did develop a little C# app that will do the calcs based on what's inside my trigger to give me the stake, which is ((((bank_size * percentage_bet) + recovery_amount) / (back_price - 1))  / 0.95)  - so I can have a stake value on the clipboard, to place in the default back amount in MFP, in case the bet placed is not on the actual BSP favourite - if that makes sense. The idea is, I will try through MFP to get on as close to the odds at that time, and then try to trade off the original back that MFP did. This is quite a dangerous way to do it, which is why I am kinda desperate to get MFP to do the donkey work for me - so to speak.

Please see attached trigger, its quite simple, and its using the last help that mcbee gave...

Thanks

Mark.

« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2016, 07:52 »
Hi
Your trigger is not quite right. I'm going to do two basic framework triggers, excluding your recovery, one to take SP on the fav before the off, and the other to bet on the BSP fav at the off. You can then add your recovery.

I'll test over the first few races, if you check back mid-afternoon they should be up.   

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE