Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Botfair on 09 Aug 2014
  • In 'SETTINGS', I have my 'max number of opened threads' set to 50.

At certain hours of the day/night, max. threads are exceeded because a lot of  sports/markets tend to start at the same time.

How can I prevent to start monitoring a new market when I reached max. opened threads......and also start monitoring new market when thread(s) have become available again?

Cheers!

• #2 by Tim (WellDoneSoft) on 09 Aug 2014
  • Are you aware about BetFair requests limit?
    I'm sure if your computer reports about threads limit it's far more than BetFair's limit. Am I right?
  • #3 by Botfair on 09 Aug 2014
  • Are you aware about BetFair requests limit?
    I'm sure if your computer reports about threads limit it's far more than BetFair's limit. Am I right?

I am VERY aware of the BF charges, but since the latest update of MFP I haven't had BF charges for exceeding the max allowed 20 calls/s. So, Well Done MFP team!  ;)

Max. opened threads is set to 30 default in SETTINGS.

But since my triggers are active on many markets simultaneously with only refresh rate of 1 per 7 secs, I got errors in the Program Log, asking to increase number of threads or increase data req limit,

which I have now set to 6 because I run another copy of MFP on live Horse Racing with a data req limit set to 14.

So I have set in SETTINGS the max number of opened threads to 50 for a few weeks without BF charging, so it seems to be no problem for them, this seems to help a bit, but I think I read in the forum somewhere, it was possible to implement some trigger to prevent from opening a market when max. was reached. Can't seem to find it though.

Cheers!

• #4 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 11 Aug 2014
  • Hi Botfair,

Hmm, two MF Pro copies with 50 threads open in each and you're still running out of available threads... How many markets do you actually refresh simultaneously? It might be not a threads problem, but the memory consumed by the program too.
  • #5 by fosterdrew on 24 Aug 2014
  • Try also checking the memory consumption and see what numbers you have there.
Pages:
Actions