Author Topic: cell querymarket question  (Read 3383 times)

Tags:
  • All members
cell querymarket question
« on: 03 Nov 2017, 14:29 »
Hi Everyone

I'm trying to get my head around linking mfp to excel, and I'm pretty much there now, apart from one problem which I'm scratching my head over.

One of the imported cells contains horse form info. I want to be able to query this info just as I would the form string from within mfp itself: eg form contains [123]$ or form contains [PBUF]$ etc

As you can see from the screen grab, the cell_querymarket function seems to turn the relevant cell into some sort of number.  

How do I make this cell behave as I want it to and then how do I write a trigger expression that replicates selections form contains [123]$   ?

If anyones interested why I can't just use the form that comes with the API, Betfair only include previous form for the type of race that the horse is currently entered for, where as industry standard is to include all types of races in the form string.  Betfairs form is therefore next to useless for me.  I got this info from a live chat with them yesterday, as I was very confused why the api form often differed from that on the Timeform website.  I think this also must effect days since last run info as well!

Thanks

• Administrator
Re: cell querymarket question
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2017, 19:22 »
I'm sorry, but you cannot apply the "Selection's Form contains" condition to an arbitrary variable or value -- there is no technical possibility for this in MF Pro.

Also, MF Pro will always try to parse expressions up to a point where it has either a number or an expression where a variable cannot be parsed.

E.g. 1/2 will be parsed into 0.5. If this were not the case, most triggers would not work in MF Pro.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: cell querymarket question
« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2017, 08:56 »
Hi Oxa

Thanks for letting me know, I can see now why it wouldn't be possible.  I'll work out a different way to solve my problem (That's one of the brilliant things about your software...there's always a different way to approach any problem.)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE