Author Topic: checking for clear favourite  (Read 1350 times)

Tags:
  • All members
checking for clear favourite
« on: 03 May 2016, 10:49 »
Hi,

Is there a way that I can check if my selection is a CLEAR favourite, at or near the time of the off?

I want to make sure that the selection is not joint favourite, before I bet on it, but I'd like to be able to use say maybe 5 ticks difference.

Thanks

Mark.

Re: checking for clear favourite
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2016, 18:24 »
Hi
and selections trigger expression g_ticks(r_1_back_price, r_2_back_price) is equal or greater than 5
another way
and favourites back price is equal or less than r_ticks(r_2_back_price, -5)
and another
and second favourites back price is equal or greater than r_ticks(r_1_back_price, 5)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2016, 17:47 »
Hi MarkV,

Thanks for the reply. I do have a slight problem with this though...

What happens if horse1 has odds = 3.0 and horse2 has odds = 3.0, and horse3 has odds = 8

Both horse1 and horse2 have equal odds, so how does MFP determine the favourite? I may be thinking too deeply, but horses 1 and 2 are joint favourite, so the SECOND favourite will be horse3, which is clearly more than 5 points away from the 'favourite' - so to speak.

Thanks

Mark.

« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2016, 20:02 »
Hi
This topic might be useful to read:
https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-triggered-betting/lay-selection-if-favourite-trigger/msg46248/#msg46248

but I would add a condition to check the price is unique, add this as your last condition in the betting trigger:
and selections trigger expression matching_number is equal to 1

this will make sure the count of selections meeting the previous conditions in the trigger is 1

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE