Author Topic: Clarification on stop loss settings  (Read 1094 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Clarification on stop loss settings
« on: 01 Mar 2021, 16:42 »
Hi guys...

I am getting to the point where I am going to be putting in relatively large back and lay bets for the Greyhounds...

Can someone please clarify what "Stop-loss" settings I need in order to get by bet matched?

I am really not bothered about the price moving a number of ticks either way.... I am placing my bets just before the off so I am not expecting big movements... but it is quite important that the bet gets matched if it drifts or comes in...

So do i just leave the drop down as "Match" and leave all the other boxes unticked?

Re: Clarification on stop loss settings
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2021, 17:44 »
Hi
It depends on if you are trading selections or betting or dutching.

If you use the stop loss settings, then yes match unmatched bets
but you will need to tick either a time or a price condition below that.

this will match your unmatched bet at best available price depending on available liquidity.
say you have backed 100 at 4.3 and it is unmatched
money available on back side at 4.2 is 60
money available on back side at 4.1 is 120
your 100 will be matched as
60 at 4.2
40 at 4.1

also worth looking at other ways of matching unmatched bets:

trigger actions:
trade out
match unmatched back bets
match unmatched lay bets

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2021, 17:55 »
Ok so ticking the price condition and having say 20 for the ticks should be a pretty safe start? 

« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2021, 18:47 »
That will be minimum 20 tick loss before it tries to match at best available price after that.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2021, 19:04 »
Huh? Minimum? I thought you are saying... A maximum loss of up to 20 ticks yiu are willing to take... If its more than 20 ticks then leave it... Is that not the case? 

« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2021, 10:45 »
Hi
Sorry, you are right. If stop loss settings are set to 20 ticks:

back matched at 1.70
lay unmatched at 1.60

if lay price reaches 1.80 (20 ticks from 1.60) stop loss will fire  

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE