Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by COLING on 05 Feb 2015
  • Hi I cant seem to copy a profile, I get the error message "unable to create such profile. may be you don't have enough rights to create folder or files missing," Is anyone else experiencing this. thnks Colin
  • #2 by LarpHager on 05 Feb 2015
  • Hi,

yes, it happened to me a few times. I never came up with a solution though.
    • LarpHager
  • #3 by tupp on 05 Feb 2015
  • Do you run MFP as Administrator ?
  • #4 by COLING on 05 Feb 2015
  • Yep but tried both it still happens, last few days program has been a nightmare for me just not working how it use to, don't know if betfair have made any changes.
  • #5 by rubold on 05 Feb 2015
  • Yes I also get this problem, sometimes I can create a copy, more often I can't.
    Apart from that my MFPro runs faultlessly and is the most stable I have ever known.
  • #6 by LarpHager on 05 Feb 2015
  • I have given up on it today, one market open, slow as hell, wont load the price ladder, when it does eventually, repeatedly get an error.

P***ed off with it now.

Uninstall, delete everything and try again tomoro when the mood improves
    • LarpHager
  • #7 by tupp on 05 Feb 2015
  • I'm still running an older version  :)
  • #8 by COLING on 05 Feb 2015
  • I am beginning to think it is my computer as most people say that 8 is the best version they have had, I haven't found that and can only run 4 markets at 4 sec refresh rate to do the same job as vers 6 and 7 which ran easily at 1 sec refresh rate, although as I have said this week since sunday haven't been able to make it productive at all. My computer has 8 g memory and is I 5 processor so imagine it is good enough. One thing I notice is my time stamp is never less than my refresh rate, don't know if that is normal.
  • #9 by Ronaldinho on 05 Feb 2015
  • Yes I also get this problem, sometimes I can create a copy, more often I can't.
    Apart from that my MFPro runs faultlessly and is the most stable I have ever known.

I'm not sure I understand you, but the most stable version, it verion 6. This version has always a "problem", and pops up an "error". So that is the most stable writing applicable unless .... open MFpro and betting "clicking the mouse."  ...  < ; )

unless, on XP running badly.
    • Ronaldinho
  • #10 by rubold on 05 Feb 2015

• I'm not sure I understand you, but the most stable version, it verion 6. This version has always a "problem", and pops up an "error". So that is the most stable writing applicable unless .... open MFpro and betting "clicking the mouse."  ...  < ; )

What a completely pointless post.   Version 6 (and 7) won't work now after the new API-NG was implmented, so why mention it?   I have found the latest versions 8 to be totally crash free in weeks of continuous running,
  • #11 by Ronaldinho on 05 Feb 2015
  • What a completely pointless post.   Version 6 (and 7) won't work now after the new API-NG was implmented, so why mention it?   I have found the latest versions 8 to be totally crash free in weeks of continuous running,

Does not matter API. In version 6 does not jump out any problem. In the current version, while using larger triggers pops an error, or the program hangs.
    The program crashes, or jump the window error , and end working.
    I hope that someone will improve.

• Ronaldinho
  • #12 by LarpHager on 05 Feb 2015

• Hi rubold,
    I have found the latest versions 8 to be totally crash free in weeks of continuous running,

Are you running the program at high refresh rates? For horseracing, 0.2 or 0.3 with one market and no trigger files, when a price ladder is open errors occur regularly.

I suspect you are error free because you are putting less stress on the program, but I may be wrong.

• LarpHager
  • #13 by armarni on 05 Feb 2015

• Does not matter API. In version 6 does not jump out any problem. In the current version, while using larger triggers pops an error, or the program hangs.
    The program crashes, or jump the window error , and end working.
    I hope that someone will improve.

My test trigger in vers 8 is over 600k and has been steady as a rock, and that's while running a live version simultaneously, so in my experience the migration to vers 8 has been smooth enough and welldone have addressed issues that have occurred with their frequent point releases.
  • #14 by Ronaldinho on 06 Feb 2015
  • If the current version reaches the "bandwidth" on an equal level a version 6, regarding the possibility of use triggers, and their size, and the refresh rate on trigger, and the complete lack of errors (as in v.6) - it is possible to speak of full functionality. When in the game, have work complete strategies that require a lot of space.

At this hour, I'm definitely on the "no", regarding the statement "it is most stable."
    I can not offer services ... - where the v6 it was possible.

It can also simply too ... I analyzed the word "most stable", forgetting about positive emotions, arising ... with joy using the program.

Probably loading a small strategies, on the soccer (football), horse, and nothing moving with program, the program will work. But as it crashes, the laptop can suddenly change position ;D
    • Ronaldinho
  • #15 by armarni on 06 Feb 2015

• I'm not sure I understand you, but the most stable version, it verion 6. This version has always a "problem", and pops up an "error". So that is the most stable writing applicable unless .... open MFpro and betting "clicking the mouse."  ...  < ; )

If you are running on xp it might make sense to upgrade your Operating System and see if that improves stability.  Like you, I use large complex triggers, but as my system is stable and yours appears not to be, then that might be the difference, and not market feeder itself.

As a guide, my (stable) system is 16gb memory, i7 intel processor, and windows 7 64 bit OS

Obviously hard to spec a laptop to that level, but you need to see if your hardware is suitable to run large complex triggers, and if not then you need to make a decision whether to upgrade or not.
Pages:
Actions