Author Topic: crashes  (Read 1242 times)

Tags:
  • All members
crashes
« on: 07 May 2022, 12:27 »
Hi

Ive been experiencing a fair few crashes over the last few days, all of them seem to reference Fault offset: 0x0012b982

I have found that trying to view the trigger logs usually causes a crash but sometimes it happens at other times

I have added a few more triggers recently, could that be the cause?

thanks

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: crashes
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2022, 12:48 »
Try to clear logs and then if doesn't help to create a new profile (try clone yours first).
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2022, 12:56 »
thanks Tim

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2022, 10:59 »
Hi Gary

I had exactly the same problem as you over the last few weeks (running the latest build).

Mfp would crash whenever I tried to look at the trigger logs.

I cleared the logs and statements, but that didn't solve it.

I cloned the user profile and deleted the old one, but that didn't solve it.

I created a totally new user profile, but that didn't solve it.

In the end I tried making a brand new trigger and rebuilding that from scratch (remaking all the conditions etc), and that solved things for me.  Somehow the trigger file was corrupted and causing the crashes that your describing.

Just a few extra things for you to try in case Tim's solution doesnt work for you this time.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2022, 21:43 »
thank you for replying, so far the new profile has resolved it but Ill keep the rest in mind

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2022, 11:25 »
I've also had some oddities with crashing, only on opening Statement rather than trigger logs (which I've not tried), and then only on, so far, one particular profile. It opens a blank statement, and corrupts the entire profile requiring it to be recreated.

Given it's one profile suggests it's an issue with a trigger (I think the settings should be moreorless the same), but damned if I can work out which one because of the corruption issue to narrow down the guilty party.  :/ Might be viable with a TM license and going through it offline repeatedly... ;)

Also, if one instance crashes (even without a corruption), the remaining open instance(s) prevent the crashed profile alone being reopened ("There's already a profile with this name open" No, there isn't! ;) ), requiring all instances to be shut down, something it feels risky to do given the need to then hammer BF to recreate the market lists.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2022, 15:58 »
Hi Billy

All I can suggest is to try and recreate your trigger from scratch, having 2 trigger editors open at the same time so you can reference the original (potenially corrupt) trigger, and then recreate all the conditions in the new trigger.

I wouldn't copy and paste anything across just to be 100% sure that everything is brand new.

It may or may not work for you, but it worked for me in a similar situation, so it might be worth a shot.

Hope you get it sorted.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2022, 09:39 »
  All I can suggest is to try and recreate your trigger from scratch.

Yes, it's purely laziness I've not done it. ;)  What I should do is just dupe the entire profile, then 50/50 remove triggers on the clones until it narrows done and local the exact problem trigger, that way you won't accidentally recreate the issue in a brand new profile and retyping. For example, if it's ASCII error, using a "-" or something where the program isn't expecting one etc, you just end up recreating the problem

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2022, 10:17 »
That sounds like a very logical approach.

All I can say from my personal experience is that I re-wrote everything verbatum into a new trigger file, and since then the problem has not recurred, one week so far without a crash.  Before re-writing the trigger that profile of mfp would crash every time I tried to open a trigger log file.

In my mind the trigger file itself had become corrupt, not any specific value that I'd put into it. By the way, my programming knowledge is totally non existant, so I'm just going on a hunch, nothing more concrete than that!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE