Author Topic: Data from MFP to excel  (Read 3352 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Data from MFP to excel
« on: 30 Oct 2012, 20:45 »
Hello
I'd like to know how can I connect the MFP to excel, to achieve  ​​back values price over time,I like to get back and lay prices over time to build a chart  for later analysis in excel.
Someone can tell me if it is possible?
Thank's for helping

Re: Data from MFP to excel
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2012, 09:05 »
Hi
Yes it is certainly possible. Using Marketfeeder’s DDE link to Excel, you would need some VBA code to basically do the following:

Read the value of the selection’s back and lay prices from their respective cells on the market sheet at specific time intervals
Using a For / Next loop record the value into the next blank cell in your range

For example,
For I = 1 to 30
your VBA code to read the values, detect next blank cell, and copy value here
Next

will record the last 30 values of back and lay prices in the columns you specify in your code. Once you have the range of values, you can then plot charts and do analysis etc.

I’m afraid I can’t help you with the VBA code, however there is plenty free help on this online.

Also, have a look at the Trigger Action: Write to Excel. It might save you having to do too much in VBA.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Nov 2012, 00:40 »
Hi

Thank´s for your help, i thought that was more easy to get this kinds of charts.
I doesn´t know how can i use VBA code...I will collect results in manual way
Best regards
Diogo

« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2012, 07:20 »
Hi
...of course MFP has basic inbuilt charting - not sure if this is suitable for your purpose.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE