Author Topic: Delete yesterdays markets?  (Read 3550 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Delete yesterdays markets?
« on: 30 Aug 2015, 10:56 »
Hi,
Could someone post a simple trigger here that I could use to delete yesterdays racing markets?

I have MF Pro running on Windows server and dont want to have to go in and delete yesterdays markets each day. I dont know how to make a trigger to delete old markets that ran day before if MF Pro is running constantly on a server.

Help much apreciated.
Regards
Harry

• All members
Re: Delete yesterdays markets?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2015, 13:14 »
Forgive me if I have misunderstood your problem but there is a selection in General <Delete markets when> Finsihed/Settled <automatically>

I aslo delete markets using a trigger that I am not wagering in after criteria and failed or no more bets will be placed.

Condition could be...minutes since the off is greater than...etc
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2015, 13:45 »
Hi,
Yes I dont want to do that as I wanted to see results of previous races. I know I can leave 2, 3 or 4 races on there before they're deleted but then that'd leave 3 or 4, or however many you choose, at the end of the day so there's always going to be a few left, in My Markets... those are the ones I want to delete with a trigger before next days racing so I start with a full 'My Markets' list not containing old races?
Regards
Harry

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2015, 18:21 »
Hi
A couple of other things you can try:

If you load your markets using a Market Locator template there is an option to clear My Markets first.

Simple trigger, untested:
delete market
all markets
once per market
market status: settled (or all markets)
Condition:
global current time is between 06:00 and 06:15

so you would run this before you load the day's markets
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2015, 19:03 »
Brilliant... that sounds great. I'll get those things sorted.

Just looked... I don want t to load markets with Market Locator as I want to automate it as much as possible, markets are going to be loaded at a specific time each day so wont be able to clear old markets first, I'll have to try and implement the trigger then!
Thank you

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2015, 19:21 »
Hi
If you tick the clear my markets first option in the market locator template and save it, you can add the template to the scheduler to add the markets at a specific time each day. Any previous markets will be cleared automatically before the new markets are added.
See attached screenshot.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2015, 19:31 »
Thats it... thank you for your help.
Brilliant   :)

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2015, 12:11 »
Hello,
I set market locator with box ticked to clear previous days markets and it didn't work, the old(yesterdays) markets are still there so will have to try and put trigger in you suggested to try to clear them. It seems that old markets are only cleared when they're loaded manually which defeats the whole point of automating this.

I wont always be able to get to computer and access my VPS so need to get this right because certain variables are being reset when market_index is equal to 1 and starts refreshing before the off... with the old markets in there market_index 1 will never refesh as its an old market so variables wont be reset!
Regards
Harry

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2015, 12:30 »
Hello Again,
The trigger doesn't work either because the only time a trigger will work is when a markets refreshing so if I'm trying to delete an old market its never going to refresh and delete that market... just tried it and realised that wouldn't work so back to square one...

Is there anyway to delete yesterdays old markets?
Regards
Harry

« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2015, 18:59 »
Hi
Just an idea to perhaps approach this from a different angle. You mention keeping the markets in my markets so you can see the results of previous races.

In your main trigger you could write information to the action log when the market is settled and then delete the market.

The trigger in the attached screenshot will write the winner's selection name to the action log and then delete the market. You can write as much data relating to the market or selections as you like.

This way you have all the info, and a tidy markets list  :)

Hope this helps a bit.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 31 Aug 2015, 19:13 »
Hi Mark,
Thats a good idea. These things are all new to me to be honest.
The triggers run fine but just wanted to look at settled markets to ensure all was going ok. I ended up getting away from deleting markets using a trigger, just letting the system delete them when settled but I'll take a look at that.
Thank you for your continued help.
Cheers
Harry

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE