Author Topic: Does refresh speed depend on the number of selections in the market?  (Read 1873 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I'm just having a go at some golf betting on the Open; outright winner market.

So for the last couple of days there were over 150 selections on that market.  I noticed that the refresh speed which could be achieved was much slower than on, for instance, match odds on the tennis where there are only two selections.  Is that just because of the number of selections?  Nothing to do with my triggers, which were not even switched on.

I also noticed that there was a gradual slowing process, with the curve getting steeper and steeper in the connection monitor.  So I'd start at around 0.4 seconds and it would edge out to 1 sec over a few minutes, but then go out quite quickly to 4 seconds or so, at which stage I would reload the market to start again.

Is that normal?

Thanks in advance
O

• Administrator
Hi Orzola,

The market data is downloaded from the Internet, just like any other page you would load in your browser. A market consisting of 3 selections will - on average - contain 50 times as less data as a market containing 150 selections. Even if your Internet connection is very fast, you will still notice this effect, just as you might notice a difference in the download time between a song and a movie.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE