Author Topic: download of test results intermittent  (Read 2138 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
download of test results intermittent
« on: 03 Dec 2014, 22:56 »
download of test results intermittent
After a few days of testing different strategies, i noticed some races (about 30%) are not being downloaded. V7 seemed to be fine as did V6 but V8 is still a problem.

i am leaving the test platform alone and not intervening but this is really annoying.

Anyone got advice on how to combat this. my settings are not deleting finished markets but as i write all the Kempton races tonight except one are still not settled along with several during the afternoon .  ::)
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
Re: download of test results intermittent
« Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2014, 20:13 »
This could be internet related. Have you tried using a cable instead of WIFI?
Bots are lifesavers.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 04 Dec 2014, 20:43 »
thanks, but yes i am hard wired.......
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2014, 21:01 »
Oxa is aware of this and last I heard she is trying to find a solution.  The only way round it is to manually press the reset button on any markets that have finished but not settled properly, and then usually MFP settles the market correctly in test mode.  It's annoying as it means that the test platform has to be babysat each day to ensure all the results are saved to the statement, but hopefully Oxa will work out the problem.  It's been an issue since the first released build of version 8.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 04 Dec 2014, 23:08 »
Hi Armani
Thanks for the advice.
This is the "reset markets" button next to the "settle markets" button bottom left i presume?
If so i have done that but the statement remains as was for the 4th with just 1/5 displayed.
is there another reset button i have missed?

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 05 Dec 2014, 15:24 »
This is the one...press it on any problematic market and it should after a few seconds come up with the correct result.  I have Settle markets with data loaded from betfair ticked in my test mode settings as well.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2014, 20:46 »
OK Many thanks again Armani
i have carried out those exact instructions but after 6 hours since using the reset on earlier unsettled  races still only around 1/4 of results appearing today.  
I have always had "Settle markets with data loaded from betfair" ticked.

Strangely the first couple of days using v8 mid November was pretty good but NOT NOW!

Any other plans welcome....... ;D

UPDATE ......

in order to settle the test platform, you have to left click "settle" next to the excel icon at the top, then right click and select THE winner. Only by doing this will you get the statement to download the result which will be wrong if you select the wrong winner.
easy as falling off a log ...... ::)

thanks again

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE