Author Topic: Error code 5  (Read 3566 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Error code 5
« on: 21 Feb 2018, 10:03 »
Hi

Running multiple instances of MFPro on a VPS and I've suddenly started to receive an error code 5 warning.

It seems to happen daily. I've not noticed any problems with trigger executions but it's disconcerting nevertheless.

Any ideas?

• All members
Re: Error code 5
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2018, 10:32 »
I don't know specifically what that is, but if running multiple instances make sure your VPS has enough memory.  The cheaper ones that come with 1Gb  are probably not enough.   

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2018, 11:05 »
Funnily enough I've just upgraded to 2gb and it's since then I've had the issue.  

I wonder if that's anything to do with it? Shouldn't be though should it?

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2018, 12:45 »
Could you attach the screenshot of the error message as I do not quite understand what kind of error it is?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2018, 12:51 »
hi
i think it might be a response from mfp server in return for the authorization that MF Pro sends.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2018, 12:57 »
Ok will do next time it occurs.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2018, 23:08 »
Okay, so screenshot attached.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2018, 06:45 »
Hello!

This error is returned by the operating system when you are trying to create or access a file in a directory while that file or directory are locked by another process. Hence the "Access denied" message.

This could mean you are trying to use the same file from within multiple instances of MF Pro, e.g. write to that file using a trigger.

Try to analyse what it is you are doing that could generate such error. What do your triggers do?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2018, 08:53 »
Right ok. 

By mistake I think I managed to open two instances of MFPro of the same profile as I thought I had closed one down. Messed up my triggers I can tell you ;) I'm guessing that might be the issue.

I've closed all instances, opened the ones I want so now we'll see. There are no conflicting trigger calls (I don't think) so hopefully it won't happen again.

Many thanks for all your assistance everyone 

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 22 Feb 2018, 09:19 »
OK, good luck with your triggers!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 23 Feb 2018, 10:20 »
Ok, so still getting the error message.

Backtolay trigger playing silly beggars now also - don't know if they are linked?

I honestly can't think of why this error is occurring as i can't think of any trigger trying to access the same file or directory. 

Any way I can delve deeper and find out?

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 23 Feb 2018, 14:52 »
Does this error only come up when you are running multiple instances of MF Pro?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2018, 14:15 »
I'm not entirely sure but that seems to be the case. Thing is I've been running multiple instances for a while and there has been no problems.

Only thing I have changed (that I can recall) is upgrading my VPS to 2gb memory. Could my provider have unwittingly done something?

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2018, 18:29 »
Probably nothing but I've noticed the error message seems to appear when I log out and log back in to the remote access software.

I've can't say I've stayed logged in for an extended period but I've just monitored a horse race for say 10 mins and no error message - logged out - forgot to do something, logged in again literally 1 minute later and I have 2 error code 5 messages. It might be a coincidence but it maybe worth looking at?

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 25 Feb 2018, 06:43 »
You don't need to log out of a VPS.  Just have it open all the time and connect with RDP or whatever.  Actual logging out of the server could affect the running of applications.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE