Author Topic: error when mfp is starting  (Read 7532 times)

Tags:
error when mfp is starting
« on: 04 Feb 2014, 12:28 »
mfp run 1.5 years without any problem.

now I have an error always when I start mfp the first time on the day and mfp crashes.
then I have to restart and the sedond start is ok.

its the same with the version 7.0 (that I used 1.5 years) and now with version 7.1 (that I installed now).

please look the screenshot.
any help? thx.  

• All members
Re: error when mfp is starting
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2014, 18:51 »
Hi ifyes
Not much consolation but I also have had the
same error message a couple of times lately.
Hopefully the powers that be are reading this.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:39 »
thx racepro.
the error is annoying.
and a new error occurs: when I try to show the account statement or other logs, mfp crashes too.
I cant work with this error..

any help, support-team?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2014, 10:10 »
I have a problem accessing Program Logs, Account Statement and Trigger Logs. It takes a long time to load and sometimes fails to load. I eventually succeed by clicking on the tabs and/or closing the statement page and reloading. I clean out the logs every 3-4 days.
I doubt it is memory as I have 8GB and run very little else apart from MFP

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2014, 16:54 »
I have the same problems Racepro, I also can't use the statement, it ALWAYS has races missing, sometimes a whole day's...  :( 

« Reply #5 on: 05 Feb 2014, 21:06 »
support, is there any solution for us?

« Reply #6 on: 05 Feb 2014, 22:07 »
I have a problem accessing Program Logs, Account Statement and Trigger Logs. It takes a long time to load and sometimes fails to load. I eventually succeed by clicking on the tabs and/or closing the statement page and reloading. I clean out the logs every 3-4 days.
I doubt it is memory as I have 8GB and run very little else apart from MFP

Hi racepro, demon and ifyesthenno
As a workaround, if you set the following settings:
Settings > General Options > Account Statement > Retrieve data that are not older than x days
Settings > Excel > Export account statement to this sheet
save the settings
click Launch Excel
real and test mode statements are processed and produced in Excel fairly quickly but of course this requires that you have Excel.

Support are aware of the performance issues with logging and statements and these are documented in a number of forum topics, however, you may wish to email support with your specific issues.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #7 on: 05 Feb 2014, 22:18 »
mfp run 1.5 years without any problem.

now I have an error always when I start mfp the first time on the day and mfp crashes.
then I have to restart and the sedond start is ok.

its the same with the version 7.0 (that I used 1.5 years) and now with version 7.1 (that I installed now).

please look the screenshot.
any help? thx.
Hi ifyesthenno
As you say, you have been using the program for considerable time without problem. Then suddenly you get the illustrated error message.

I was wondering if you have tried to restore your computer to a date before the error started to appear. It looks as if an update to the operating system or security software such as antivirus or firewall may be causing the error.

Related to the above, please could you re-check the program has full access through your computer's firewall and antivirus applications, as well as you are running the program as Administrator.

Could you also confirm you only have one instance of the program installed on your computer.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 05 Feb 2014, 22:55 »
Thanks Mark,
my setting "retrieve data" was set to 1 day if that helps.
cheers
R

« Reply #9 on: 06 Feb 2014, 10:33 »
Hi ifyesthenno
As you say, you have been using the program for considerable time without problem. Then suddenly you get the illustrated error message.

I was wondering if you have tried to restore your computer to a date before the error started to appear. It looks as if an update to the operating system or security software such as antivirus or firewall may be causing the error.

Related to the above, please could you re-check the program has full access through your computer's firewall and antivirus applications, as well as you are running the program as Administrator.

Could you also confirm you only have one instance of the program installed on your computer.

hi mark:

1) yes, could be, I updated windows. but no, I cant do a system-restore because I would lose my windows-security-updates that are more important.

2) antivirus I dont use, no changes at windows-firewall.

3) mfp has full access through the firewall, and I am running it as administrator.

4) yes, only 1 instance.

btw: I have 2 notebooks with 1 instance on every notebook. the 2 notebooks are totally identical in everything, also in the updates. but only 1 notebook shows the error-message, the other one not.

5) I want to un-install mfp and re-install it. but mfp has no un-installation-shield. why not?  of course I could un-install via windows, but thats always a bad solution as only un un-install-shield removes all folders and registry-settings.

thx for your help.

conclusion: I think its a very tricky software-error (between operation system and mfp) that applies only a few members here. so no solution available, I suppose.

« Reply #10 on: 06 Feb 2014, 12:24 »
Hi
Two more suggestions:

Please try opening a new Profile and see how that goes.

Because the error occurs on the first run of the program each day, I was thinking it might have something to do with “first thing” operations. Maybe try changing or checking the settings you have for:
Settings > Betting Options > Triggers > At the start of the program clear log records older than x days
Settings > Monitoring Options > Scheduled Market Search > Scheduler > On programs start-up
Settings > Test Mode > Betting > Save all test bets on programs exit

You should be able to uninstall the program through Windows.
First save your trigger files from the profile folders and locator templates
Uninstall through Windows
Delete c:\Users\<username>\MarketFeeder Pro 7\
Download and re-install
If you use Time Machine you may have to re-download purchased markets

If you still have problems after this the please email support with the details. [email protected]

« Reply #11 on: 06 Feb 2014, 19:04 »
hi mark,

good ideas, will try them all after my trading session today and in any case I will post here the results for the other members.
thx.

« Reply #12 on: 06 Feb 2014, 22:49 »
hi,

it seems that creating a new profile has solved all problems. nor the error-message neither the problems with the logs/account statement occured again. till now.. I will see how it goes tomorrow and post here later the result.

thx again.

« Reply #13 on: 07 Feb 2014, 21:33 »
everything 100% perfect, no more errors, after opening a new profile (without saving the old settings, I did all settings in the new profile by hand).

« Reply #14 on: 07 Feb 2014, 21:56 »
everything 100% perfect, no more errors, after opening a new profile (without saving the old settings, I did all settings in the new profile by hand).
Hi
Thanks for the update, glad it's sorted.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE