Author Topic: Error  (Read 4874 times)

Tags:
Error
« on: 17 Nov 2012, 15:45 »
Hi
Current Bets window, real mode, clicking “Placed” button generates the attached error.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Error
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2012, 18:02 »
Please make sure you use the latest version - it's been fixed as I know.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2012, 19:42 »
Thanks Tim, I downloaded and installed the latest but now get a different error.
The problem seems to occur after the current bets window has automatically refreshed e.g. after a bet is matched.
If I then click to sort by Placed, the error occurs.
If I click OK on the error, the display of bets is incomplete, showing only back or only lay bets, until I close the current bets window and re-open it.

update: the error only occurs on a slow vista laptop, on win7 pc no problem
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2012, 11:39 »
update:
although MFP had full access through AV and firewall, switching off the on-access scanner in the AV software resolves the problem.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2012, 07:33 »
Thank you Mark.
By AV you mean anti-virus? Which one?
Proud to be 🇺🇦

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2012, 08:21 »
McAfee. Vista, 1.6Ghz processor, 2GB RAM.  After switching off the on-access scanner MarketFeeder ran smoothly all day long. Same antivirus on a higher spec Win 7 machine MarketFeeder works fine with full antivirus switched on. 

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2012, 10:18 »
MF 7 opens number of files (logs)
markets * triggers + 3
gzipping the content.
So with that type of scanner it may "eat" a lot of resources.
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2012, 10:21 »
MarkV,
I guess the reason for your performance issue on laptop is logging. If it is possible in McAfee, try to exclude MFPro's directories from on-access scan.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials, CPU has much more load when on-access scan is on. As I run MFPro on a dedicated computer behind a hardware firewall, I disabled on-access scan, too. But I sceduled full scan every night.

Martin

« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2012, 12:18 »
Thanks guys. I had suspected the logging / gzip is lagging and causing the regular access violations messages on that machine. Since the on-access scan is off  MFP really is working well and CPU / disk activity is much reduced. Pleased to have found the problem.
Martin, same setup, the laptop is dedicated to MFP and is behind a hardware firewall, so really no need for software firewall. Thanks for the advice.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE