Author Topic: Excel  (Read 819 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Excel
« on: 25 Jul 2019, 18:30 »
I need help after trying so much to connect to excel. The manual doesn't tell me what I need to know.

My simple task is to be able to retrieve a value, from a single cell in excel.

I don't wish to have any markets running, I just want to get a single cell value.

For some reason, if I add in market data, the resources used by this process are humongous!

So, I have a sheet in my excel called fibSequence.

In excel options, I have nothing ticked

I add in a simple value of 2.00 into cell A1.

I then open View User Variables, and add in cell_fibSeuence_A1 - nothing comes back
I then try fibSequence!A1 - nothing

Both of these are contained in the manual, but I am not getting anything.

So, I then created a user variable, called myValue, and set its value to cell_fibSequence_B1

Put myValue into the view user variables, and again, nothing.

I wish there was a debug utility in MFP, so I could figure it out for myself, but that wasn't an added feature, so I am stuck, without any documentation to get this working.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark.

• Administrator
Re: Excel
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2019, 21:28 »
Hi Mark,

First of all, you might want to configure the program to use minimum resources, e.g. not create market sheets.

Do this before you load any markets into MF Pro.

Then you need to connect MF Pro to Excel so that it can access the data in the workbook. Do this by pressing the Launch Excel link. 

Make sure that you have your workbook open at this moment, so when the program asks you whether you want to connect to the existing instance, you press "Yes".

Then switch to the sheet with the value you want to import and input whatever you need into any of the cells.

Then start refreshing at least one market in MF Pro and check the value of cell_fibSequence_A1 in the View Variables window:

Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE